Trusted Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat: May 27, 2023

I see this shotty work, and no one cares frequently. MY HOA commissioned a cabinet structure to protect the electric input/monitors because we had issues due to moisture. The kid they hired took three full, noisy days. He just cut random pieces of wood (all different sizes) and nailed them together; they had to bring in an adult/pro to rip it all down and build a cabinet. I was shocked at the guile of the kid. He seemed shocked his work didn't pass muster.

Honored Contributor

So sorry @birdmama!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Hello. Hope everyone's having a good Memorial Day weekend. My inbox is flooded with sales everywhere! Every time I go online, I keep deleting.

We didn't downsize in time. Disposal replaced last week, shubbery needed for curb appeal. Repairs to brick patio, etc. HOA stays on the neck of all residents.

Just wanted to check in here. Don't need to purchase a thing in any category...

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama 

It seems to be everywhere! I was having a stacked stone wall put in. Rocks delivered, some dirt moved, about 14 stone stacked. That was about a 7-10 day process. That was also 2 1/2 weeks ago. Not heard from him at all. Can't reach him.  I had not paid him anything. No contract, I'm starting this week to find someone else. 

Honored Contributor

Done well still using a walker for support and this to shall pass, we joined the town pool aka the pool around the corner, spent a lovely early afternoon there, due to Covid its been three years since we have been there. We have to find a better place to sit away from the big mouths my ears are still ringing. All and all life is good, except for the fact that I have to replace everything in my closet, it went from a  20-22 to a 12, I have been doing a lot of shopping on line which is great, I no long have access to a dept store in my area, but Amazon and Loft have been my saviors. Have a safe weekend all 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Squirrels Are Trash   I think I can go one better Squirrel.  According to the owner, McKeon quit the day I ripped him about being lazy and sloppy.  I'm dealing with a bunch of lyin liars that lie.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  Maybe let them know you'll be posting their work on social media?