Honored Contributor

I can't believe Lucas is 7 @LTT1   I remember when your daughter was in labor with Lexi.  Have fun at the party today.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Oh this one is FAB!!!  @Bird mama   Better hurry fast to target on those other two. Small sizes going fast or are gone already.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  I saw that ugly weather visited your lovely state more than once this week.  You know, the electric company taking folks off of th grid without warning could have and may have killed somebody.  There are alot of people reliant on oxygen concentrators, etc that should have been warned.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily   I did the same thing except I enjoy wearing longer dresses in the hot weather. I purged about 5 that no longer fit and have been buying some here - 2 mukluks, 2 Renee, 1 Graver, 1 d&co. Really like all of them, look nice on too.

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD 

Oh dear ... glad you made it through that mess!  We didn't lose power on my side of town, but the rains were actually horizontal at times.   I lost one shingle ... that I located, but hate to call a roofer, thinking maybe one shingle is not going to hurt ... famous last words, right?

Honored Contributor

I'm exercising my dip card, lol @SoX   Depending on where the one shingle came from it may not be the end of the world.  I don't know the technical words for it however if the shingle came from a crease in the roof those are layered and losing one is not so bad.  What's worrisome is not knowing if that was the only one.

Honored Contributor

Trust me, call the roofer and get it all checked out @SoX . We have a slate roof, a very old slate roof. My guy Ken seems like he's here often. The slates slip, break, fall off, AND create havoc with the gutters if the slates are gone at the edge, don't tip the rains into the gutters and then the rains beat down and pull the edge away from raining into the gutter causing leaks into the house!!!!!!!!!!!!  YIKES!!!!!!  I'm still waiting for Ken to show up and doo just this, he's been here already to chat it up with what slates need replaced or fixed AGAIN!

Call your roofer!

Honored Contributor

You'd also hate to be near the roof if one of those slates fell off and beaned you in the head @PINKdogWOOD 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama   There were HUNDREDS of emergency calls for folks who needed help from the EMS, police etc to get them to hospitals. It was dreadful. Not only this but children of any age, folks with other illnesses and of course our pets.

Super Contributor

Good Morning, SS!  Leaving this week for a "Girl's Trip" (using that term very loosely) with 2 dear friends...friends since grade school till now.  First time on a plane in almost 3 years.  One bedroom is full of clothing!  Need to make my Fashion decisions today, so I will need to weed out what to take, then decide footwear, accessories, etc,  Hardest part of traveling for me is to narrow down my choices.  I shop too much!  Will be in Florida so hot and sticky this time of year.  Most important item might be my flat iron for my hair, or I may go "au naturale".