Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Target is like that - I find all sorts of things that I didn't know I needed.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

It's not necessarily a fun thing for most, I'm going to mow the grass @Desert Lily   I don't mind doing the yard work and the weather will be beautiful for it.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat - June 18

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

Hmmm, yum ... those chicken burritos sound sooo good.   Speaking of ovens, I'm swearing mine off for the duration of the summer.   I'm waiting for this which I picked up during a LTS ($93)  ... I'm shocked to see how much it's gone up now.  Would you believe I've never used one of these ... I'm going to need a tutorial  Woman Tongue

Have a great outing and lunch with your husband today ... and send me the recipe for your burritos, too.

Honored Contributor

@SoX   Chicken strips are marinating in a Mexican sprice mix from Fresh Market, but any pre-made envelope of taco type spices work. I cook the strips on my flat grill that goes on my stove top. Fill whole wheat flour totillas (lg. ones) with the chicken, Mexican cheese mixture (helps the tortillas stick together during grilling)....

Next fold buritto style and grill both sides on flat top until brown and cheese is melted. This can also be done in cast iron pan. I top it with quac, sour cream, chopped lettuce and tomatoes and salsa. Serve with refried beans or beans and rice. 

Enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus 

I have a whole chicken in the freezer that I'll use when I get the Ninja, so I'll do a little tweaking with your recipe ... thanks for sharing it!!

Esteemed Contributor

I recorded Kramer vs. Kramer this week ... had never watched it before though it was made in 1979.  What was I thinking ... what a great movie!  A young Meryl Streep and Dustin Hoffman ... the acting is superb ... 

Honored Contributor

@SoX @Shanus @Bird mama @Desert Lily @Patriot3 

'Good morning!

I was up laaate last night and let the meetup ladies stay up until 5 am using my zoom link. They were enjoying talking together so I just turned the camera off and turned the sound down and I went to sleep. They are great people and are much younger than I am, needless to say! 
Today later is a pool party for DGS (turning 7- can u believe it?)

As soon as my Excedrin kicks in I will be back! Have a wonderful weekend everybody! 🌞 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@SoX   WOW - a very cool 59degrees here at 6A - this is unbelievable after this week's hell on earth! especially after losing electricity from Tueday 2P until Thursday night around 9:30P. Many others from Monday night thru Friday even after tremendous rains, tornedo touchdowns, major tramnsformers being struck by lightning Monday night. AEP took certain areas off the grid in order to contain usage with no notice. Final aftermath, private investigative team looking into this mess, what happened why they targeted areas, why customers were not alerted to prepare. 

Welcoming the cool air for the next couple of days. I turned off the a/c when I got up and threw open all the windows.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily   You could actually put this on for today. Very CUTE both prints!!!

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily   Thanks for this tip, just picked up both!