Valued Contributor

Re: AM I THE ONLY ONE DISMAYED WITH CHRISTMAS SELLING BEFORE HALLOWEEN??

I, like many others, prefer to not wait until November for Christmas shopping. It helps me budget rather than be slammed all at once with bills. I start in July when Christmas in July sales are in effect.  I buy gifts for my family members because we can't "just spend time together as a family" as we are all spread out over the East Coast. Retail is part of my holiday season and so is UPS for shipping...this means I need to purchase in advance. I appreciate having seasonally appropriate gifts available for purchase as well (sweaters, coats, boots).  Regardless of my personal situation, enjoy your holiday season!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

YES. I think it's RIDICULOUS. What's even MORE RIDICULOUS is the Christmas in July shows.

Respected Contributor

I will not think of Chiristmas until after Thanksgiving.

Respected Contributor

I'm with Culebra.

Honored Contributor

I am annoyed that the Hallmark channel just started Christmas moviec almost 24/7 from now until after New Years.  It would make a little more sense to start the Friday after Thanks giving.  

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter has a birthday in fall and I would rather celebrate her birthday without Christmas intruding into that special day but every year it's worse and worse.

It's no wonder that Halloween costumes don't get worn on air on Halloween anymore as it would be incongruous to wear a Halloween costume while selling Christmas stuff.