Honored Contributor

Re: A first , QVC made me cry.

@SilleeMee wrote:

Being different doesn't make me feel inadequate and it never has. 

@SilleeMee, that is great for you but those are your feelings. That isn't necessarily the way others feel. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think this thread needs to get gone.

Why?

Because this thread contains racist comments and also contains comments which are discriminatory in nature.

@SilleeMeewere they deleted?  Because I don't see any such comments.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Why?

Because this thread contains racist comments and also contains comments which are discriminatory in nature.

@Lipstickdiva 

I don't think I need to explain and if it's not visible to you then there's no need say any more.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

does anyone know which item she was presenting so we can here what courtney said?

@sunshine45, I didn't see the show but she made a post on her Instagram that seems like it might be similar to what the OP is talking about.  

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Being different doesn't make me feel inadequate and it never has. 

Congratulations. I'm glad you grew up with a sense of confidence.  But for many people, that's not the case and representation matters very much, whether it's ethnicity, gender, size, or a disability.

There are many people who watch TV, read books, or go to the movies and rarely or never see someone who looks like they do and that has an impact on them.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Why?

@Lipstickdiva 

to answer your question......the thread is intact.....nothing has been deleted.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45, thank you.  I'll refrain from further comment because I'm sure what I would say would get the thread deleted.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't see it.  I like her and my comment is not about her speech exclusively. 

What I tire of these days is how everyone feels the need to state a pity party so everyone can join hands, sing Kumbaya and hear the angels sing.   I've even noticed it on talent shows.  It seems that the people who come on with "I survived harsh words at 14 years of age and look at me now" stories get the most votes. 

Everyone has a past.  Everyone has their own, what used to be, PERSONAL story.  So what?!  I don't choose to broadcast to the world what I tolerated and went through while I was growing up or starting out working in an office.  It doesn't matter to anyone but me.  I don't want anyone's pity.  What matters is the way I handle what happens to me.  If I were to go on America's Got Talent because I can sing, I would want my talent to be spotlighted - my SINGING talent - and not my "I made them all cry because my childhood story was so drama-filled" talent.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Why?

@Lipstickdiva 

to answer your question......the thread is intact.....nothing has been deleted.

That isn't true. There was one post which was deleted. I saw it but I honestly can't tell you what it said. All I know is when I went back to read it, it was gone. @sunshine45 

ETA- How would anyone know if any post was deleted unless you had your eye on this thread 24/7 or wittnessed the deletion when it happened....??

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

they usually do not just pull posts.

they pull them and then put a marker there that might say "inappropriate" or another reason.

now, if the person who put a post up and decided to delete it themselves, then that is a different story.. it may have been retracted then.

i dont know to which post you were referring to to be honest and no i did not watch this thread 24/7, but was actively reading it into late last night and then early this morning.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein