Super Contributor

Re: A bra that helps with back fat

I also wear the Shapeez bras. As far as I am concerned they are the best and most comfortable bra's out there. No back fat, smooths you out, great support as I am a 38DDD, no straps digging into my shoulders. They are pricey, but they last and last.

Occasional Contributor

No question hands down best back smoothing bra is SHAPEEZ bras.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Retiredpsych wrote:

Go to a Soma store. They are owned by Chico's and very often they are in a mall that has a Chico's). They make a bra called a Vanishing Back Bra. It is excellent. Wide on sides and wide across the back. Totally smooths out back fat!

If you order online from Soma make sure you do not pay using PayPal as they will not accept items that were paid for using PayPal for return or exchange. 

I don't know if this is true for all of their bra styles but the band sizing is not what's indicated online on their sizing chart. I ordered 2 different styles of clearance bras recently & when I measured the band, it was 2 inches shorter than what the website said it should be.

I can wear a 38B, 36C, or 38C, depending on the manufacturer & the style of the bra. Based on the Soma size chart, I need a 38B so that's what I ordered. Per the size chart, the band for a 38B should measure 33", all 5 of the bras that I received measure 31", which is for a 36" band size (I have some 36C bras from another brand & the band size is 31")

I'm trying to decide if I want to keep the bras & use an extender or pay the $7 that Soma charges for a return. I need to make time to go to an actual Soma store to try on the next size up before I make my decision. 

Respected Contributor

@lavendar. I've been wearing the unbelievabra from Shapeez for years and I love it.  I have the Shortee and the Shaper styles.  Just go to the Shapeez website and you can see them.  They are expensive, but worth every penny.  You will have no lumps or lines even under the thinnest tops.

Honored Contributor

I tried Playtex Seamless Smoothing. It works well for me and I like the fit. I was always having straps slipping down and the back is designed in a way that all my inconviences are solved. I bought them through Hanes for about $15.99.

Esteemed Contributor

@adelle38 wrote:
On 5/31/2014 lavendar said:

Does Genie have any support? I'm a full C cup and at seventy gravity is winning.

I would not recommend you get a Genie bra, especially to wear under a T shirt. It's like wearing a sling shot.

So true  about the Genie bra. But dang if you didn't make me snort out a laugh. Smiley Happy

I work w/ an admin who has got to be a DD cup and she insists on wearing the sling shot bra and it's embarassing as all get out. She and I are the only two women amongst a  boat load of me ... she's in a professional office .... she's in her 50's ... married w/ children .... meaning she should know better. And yet, she does not.

Gravity is not kind to any of us.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

@lavendar. I've been wearing the unbelievabra from Shapeez for years and I love it.  I have the Shortee and the Shaper styles.  Just go to the Shapeez website and you can see them.  They are expensive, but worth every penny.  You will have no lumps or lines even under the thinnest tops.

I could not find the unbelievabra style at Shapeez ... but I did take a chance an ordered a couple of their bras to try out. I wear a bra and a separate shaper tank now ... so I'm trying their bra/tank combo.

Thanks to all the board ladies who recommended the Shapeez line. I do not consider having to deal w/ back fat a weight/size issue. I do know that I hate how my back looks in certain tops, so I am crossing fingers these bras will give me a smoother looking back.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

Look for a smoothing bra.  That is the "today's" answer to hangovers on the bra.

You can Google smoothing bras!

Respected Contributor

@kate2357. They may not even call it the unbelievabra anymore, but I'm sure you got the same one if you went to the Shapeez website.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I tried Playtex Seamless Smoothing. It works well for me and I like the fit. I was always having straps slipping down and the back is designed in a way that all my inconviences are solved. I bought them through Hanes for about $15.99.

I returned six Playtex Cross your Heart bras that I "thought" was a super buy. Unfortunately, mine were a different bra than the original at the higher price: thinner fabric, strange fit, even having two instead of three back fittings. Last bra purchase from Hanes at good price.