Esteemed Contributor

Re: A bra that helps with back fat

I'm going to the Shapeeze site right now. Thanks! 

Contributor

Warners has quite a nice selection of wide underarm/back with adjustable straps bras. I have the same issue!

Esteemed Contributor

For those who have purchased Shapeeze, do you buy your typical Bali or Wacoal size? If not, which way do you go?

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

For those who have purchased Shapeeze, do you buy your typical Bali or Wacoal size? If not, which way do you go?

@MaggieMack wrote:

There is a video on how and where to measure for fit. My measurement was right in line w my Wacoal sizing. I have not rec'd my purhases yet to verify the cup will fit. I hope it works as I would love to have a smooth back w tee shirt weather coming up! 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack. When I ordered my first bra from the site, I followed their measurement instructions and got a perfect fit.  I wear a 38C in most brands and a large C in Shapeez.

Honored Contributor

If you go to Her Room's website, they give the width of the side, the straps and center of the bra.  They also tell you how many hooks are in the back, plus they have reviews.  I find all of this very helpful. 

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Another question, thanks for your patience with me! For those of you who are a DD or larger, do you find that this bra makes you look larger? The pics on the site give me that impression, and I tend to favor something that minimizes. Thanks!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I just rec'd my Shapeez and I am very pleased with the fit and how smooth it fits in the back.

I measured and ordered per the website instructions. I ordered 2 different styles, but same size. I am a dd cup and that's what was recommended. I would not suggest buying up on the size. I am a small dd and a medium would have been too big.

By the by, both styles fit and I do think there is a bit of a minimizing effect on the sides....I don't feel so wide.. if that makes sense.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Both Warners and Olga make a bra that have fuller coverage on the sides, the Warners one is called No Side Effects and I bought one with molded cups and an underwire. Olga also makes a similar bra and it's also called a No Side Effects bra. Try googling them to see what they look like.

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

Another question, thanks for your patience with me! For those of you who are a DD or larger, do you find that this bra makes you look larger? The pics on the site give me that impression, and I tend to favor something that minimizes. Thanks!

@MaggieMack. The Silkee is a minimizer.  I have both styles and I like to wear the Silkee when clothing that buttons and with lower cut clothing.