Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 8/29

@house_cat

To her, the dog just "disappeared" and if everything that was hers is gone too, so it's boggling to the kitty mind.  There is the  mourning, and there is the "missing" factor.  You might try getting some Feliway to send out some calming kitty pheromones to help her with the grief.  Some pet "experts" will also tell you to have a conversation with her to tell her why the dog went away.  Usually they can sense illness in other animals, but I'm sure she is still surprised not to see the things around.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@house_cat

To her, the dog just "disappeared" and if everything that was hers is gone too, so it's boggling to the kitty mind.  There is the  mourning, and there is the "missing" factor.  You might try getting some Feliway to send out some calming kitty pheromones to help her with the grief.  Some pet "experts" will also tell you to have a conversation with her to tell her why the dog went away.  Usually they can sense illness in other animals, but I'm sure she is still surprised not to see the things around.  

Thanks for the insight, Lola. DH has been talking to her about it every day.  He carried her around the house the first day and "explained" it to her. Don't ask. He and the cat have an unusual bond, lol.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1@Bird mama

@Snicks1 wrote:
I vote for the Lucky Brand.

me too!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

@house_cat

HouseCat, Lola is onto something about the sudden departure.  When Peewee passed away (God blessed me and I was present with her at the time), I brought her upstairs and placed her on top of the communal eating/bathing habitat and gave Poppi and Presto some time to visit with her and understand what happened.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@Snicks1 wrote:

Yes, I totally understand. I have RA and I know how that can kick your butt.

Sorry to hear that, snicks.  I don't understand the meds, though. They do nothing for the pain and now he can't take Advil, so he seems more uncomfortable than he was before the meds.

EXACTLY, I can't take anything for anything, even a cold med. It's insane, and this prescription stuff does nothing for the OA I have in my back, I just have to suffer through that. I done with this whole thing, If my doc won't take me off it and not put me on something else, I will be going to another doc. They only think of what they want to prescribe, not how it will affect you in the long run. I can't do it anymore.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@house_cat

I believe they are trying to get at the root of the pain - inflammation and joint deterioration.   Vicodin and other RX pain pills can be taken. 

He can't take RX pain meds. He's taking Tylenol at night, but that's it.

And Tylenol is really only for high temps, not pain.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the chat and all the priceless advice, ladies.

I swear these Saturday morning visits keep me sane.

I'll be peeking back later to see what transpired.

Wishing you all a happy weekend. 

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

My sister doesn't have a high tolerance for pain.  It is not a criticism - it's just her make up.  When she started taking these biologics and mentioned her hairdresser's mother took one of them (I lost track) 2 years before developing breast cancer - my hair nearly turned gray.  I tried so hard to keep a poker face but I was practically doing this:

courage the cowardly dog animated GIF

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@lolakimono

@house_cat

HouseCat, Lola is onto something about the sudden departure.  When Peewee passed away (God blessed me and I was present with her at the time), I brought her upstairs and placed her on top of the communal eating/bathing habitat and gave Poppi and Presto some time to visit with her and understand what happened.

@Bird mama

@house_cat

Exactly.  I think that if you had kept the dog's bed, you would probably find her IN it or AROUND it, which would let you know that she's in mourning.  

Respected Contributor

Paula Beguoin was interesting.  I also did not know she had her products at QVC.  No mention of Paula being The Cosmetic Cop for so many other brands. Paula gives my chosen skin care line Dr. Denese her "best" rating.