Regular Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat 7:00 5/29

@lolakimono   LOL.....Love your view on the "evil doll" and the car wreck....Time to start writing that novel!!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono I had already started my week on a semi-crazy note.  As I've gotten older and possibly started to realize my mortality I've developed a thing about heights.  Crazy because as a kid I climbed every fence, climbed garages, you name it.  So the maple tree in my front yard dropped alot of whirly gigs and they were layered up in the second story gutter.  We didn't get the 3 days of rain last weekend that I hoped would flood these things out of the gutter so I had to remove them myself.

Using the telescoping pool skimmer net pole that I have (I got no pool, I bought it to fish ducklings out of the sewer if they fall through the grate), I putzed around with different tools around the house and found a way to bolt a bracket and plastic scraper to the pole.

Standing only 2 steps up on my little giant I was able to awkwardly but effectively scrape stuff out of the second story gutter without using the extension ladders to go up that high.  You know how that is, the gutter stuff never falls directly to the ground so I was getting dirty Woman Wink  Then I see some city inspector walking across the street and I think, darn, better cut the grass in the front yard even though it's a little damp.  I don't know what dude is looking for but I don't want him to find it on my property. 

I'm almost done with front yard when I see something down the street that looks like a calico cat.  I start mumbling under my breath about these a-holes in the neighborhood who keep 'outside' cats.  You know these cats find my backyard right?

Turns out it was a frail dog trotting towards the street 5 houses down from me where people drive 60-65 mph.  I stop what I'm doing and try to get the dog's attention.  Not ego on my part - it's a natural fact I have a way with animals, I got it from my mother.  Dog ignoring me and I think ooh, is she old and deaf.  I lose all common sense at this time.  I forget to take my phone off the trunk lid, forget to put the lawnmower in my garage but I do remember to run in the house, grab a paper plate and a can of Purina One dog food (pull tab lid) and I hop in the car to see where the dog is going now that I got it to go deeper in neighborhood versus towards busy street.  I grabbed my purse and followed the dog in the car - I did remember to close the garage door.  I manage to get the dog to eat on next block and then the chase was on again.  Dog goes to a yard with 2 other dogs and I sneak up on the pathetic looking dog and feed it more.

Mind you I'm in somebody's driveway and when I heard that garage door open I think ooh I hope this person has a sense of humor.  Turns out the dog belonged there, supposedly has a stomach tumor, doesn't like to eat but likes to roam for garage.  I was up on someone's property so I watched my words carefully.  Long story short dog was home, it was fed well by me at least on that day and I come home.  Guess the phone finally fell off of the trunk lid when I hit my driveway at higher speed to see if lawnmower was still there cuz it hit me I didn't put it in the garage.

Not thinking about the phone because I always remember to put phone in purse - right?  Finish the front yard, take stuff out of my car and then it hits me, where the phone?  That's when I see it in the street just past the base of my driveway.  Then I see 2 cars drive right over it.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

I had a "you" type weekend.  It wasn't the struggle of your Hoffa entombed cement block, but the struggle was real.

"The Toilet Diaries" coming to a bookstore near you.  

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone. Cold and rainy where I am too. Hair appointment this morning.

The fashion forum is really the main reason I stick around this place. But I am tired of the snarky snide comments and digs.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I would like at this time to praise the Poetic brand of phone cases sold on Amazon.  If you would have seen my phone out of the case you would say, nice looking Moto G Power you got there Bernie - not a scratch on it.  Of course the guts of the phone were jacked up.  I reach out to Consumer Cellular to verify square trade covers oopsies.  Reach out to Square Trade - they say file claim online.  I go online, have limited options to describe damage, enter that phone was driven over by 2 vehicles.  They recommend I fix the phone and bill them.  I start saying bad words and just order replacement phone (my phones only cost 150) from Consumer Celluar.

My phone has kind of been working all week.  It comes and goes as far as being responsive when I touch the glass to launch and app.  New phones arrived yesterday - sister wanted a matching phone too.  My phone was not that old - got it January 2020.  Military grade Poetic cases coming from Amazon.  Will activate phone today.  Did not and will not buy square trade for this phone or future phone.  Reminds me of why I ditched Allstate for cars and house insurance.

Regular Contributor

We live approximately 3 miles from a major shopping mall and numerous restaurants and chain stores....Marshalls, Talbot's outlet, TJM, Chico OTR, IKEA, etc...you know.  Well, our Macy's is closing.  Not a huge shopper there, especially during Covid, but i am bummed.  Less options doesn't make me happy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did anyone watch the Friends reunion? I enjoyed it. The fashion segment was silly, I would have rather looked at Paul Rudd(producers said they didn't have "enough time" for everyone). James Corden was very annoying.

It was interesting that maxi dresses and slip dresses and other things were in style then just as they are now.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

It's hard @DancinQueen   when you see stores, especially what I call 'anchor stores' close.  

Honored Contributor

@DancinQueen   I was feeling nostalgic when I ordered those Keds.  I had a red pair with white cap toe when I was a toddler.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

The precursor to Toiletgate was a "simple" refill of topsoil/mulch in the areas in the front/back.  We have this down to a science, just regrading the house and pulling a few weeds before the allergens shut us down for the weekend.

Approaching the back, walking around to check the level of the soil I saw a BEE.

It was coming from the ground, and upon closer inspection I saw that there was a patch of what looked like dryer lint in a spider web.  They are nesting right next to the AC unit.  I think that's a hella-no and so I retreat to learn more.  I don't want to exterminate them but I do want to evict them.  Water seems to be the solution.  I do not have a hose, because I do not garden so I open the slider on the main floor to dump a few bottles of water out the sliding glass door.  However, since our property was always a rental property before I bought it, they had the very cheapest of everything, including not paying $$ for a deck.  Per code, we have these wooden rails blocking the egress to the door, so I'm doing the lean out the window and trying to dump the water exactly on the nest without letting the bees in.

I was able to dump a few rounds of water and they were M-A-D.  In the course of doing that, when I raised the blinds to boob height (which I never do) they got locked, and the intricate knot that keeps the three cords doing their push/pull thing got stuck next to the doohickey and BF and I spent about 4 hours on a stepstool (I am one step too short and he is one too tall) to see how to fix this and we shredded our hands pulling on the $#%^ cords.  

This was the precursor to Toiletgate, which took up a good portion of Sunday.