Trusted Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 10/24

@lolakimono, Today is a GOOD DAY! LET'S MAKE IT A "GOOD DAY" LOVE your choice of IM jacket. I must have brain fog (AS USUAL) Cannot recognize other initials . I def have brain fog today. Going to rain and storms all day. Great day to enjoy my books. What is going on with Q ? Wonder if vendors  purchase some clothing from China they are not able to secure. Need to make quick trip to bagel shop. In & out. Will try to get back to LTT1 shortly. YOU TWO are my favs. .Later my friends, Prov

Honored Contributor

Relaxed Fit: Breathe Easy - Swing High, TAUPE, largeimage number 0

Oops, I forgot that I ordered and received these Skechers this week also. I have a pair identical and they have become my favorite shoe for everyday wear, since they are getting very worn, I started looking for the same shoe, finally found them, and snatched them up. Sorry, the pic is so huge.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@sligo wrote:

@lolakimono, Today is a GOOD DAY! LET'S MAKE IT A "GOOD DAY" LOVE your choice of IM jacket. I must have brain fog (AS USUAL) Cannot recognize other initials . I def have brain fog today. Going to rain and storms all day. Great day to enjoy my books. What is going on with Q ? Wonder if vendors  purchase some clothing from China they are not able to secure. Need to make quick trip to bagel shop. In & out. Will try to get back to LTT1 shortly. YOU TWO are my favs. .Later my friends, Prov

@sligo 

Isaac Mizrahi has a collaboration with New Balance, so this is one of his pieces from that line.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@lolakimono @Bird mama @jackthebear @Snicks1 

I hope you are healing up OXOX

About quilted vests: I have purchased them before and then not worn. Maybe weather here will call for one?

Our days lately are very cool in the morning, and very warm in the afternoon. Texas never seemed to get very cool.

The rayon blend fabrics feel so HOT once you get warm.

@LTT1 

Somehow I have accumulated about 10 vests.  Most are the athletic "puffer" type, that can be worn casually, like with a flannel, jeans, and boots or for outside walks in the fall/spring. None of them are super bulky, like for skiing.  I have them from all brands: Brooks Brothers, Pendleton, Betsey Johnson, J. Crew, Vineyard Vines, etc.  I find that I normally wear them with T-shirts for our Thursday/Friday college/spirit wear days, with a turtleneck or long sleeved tee like if I'm out shopping or walking.  I usually carry my keys/phone and a credit card if I walk to do errands.  

Honored Contributor

Oooh I like the new shoes @Snicks1 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I'm going a little crazy for fashion sneakers this year.  I found another brand I had never heard of, J/Slides.  I bought these today from 6PM.  They're blue camo platform leather. I don't wear anything camo, even though I like it on other people.  But I really like how fun these look, and the blue will hopefully be great with jeans. 

blue camo leather.jpg

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

Another fashion question for you...

Stitch Fix likes to show peasant-type blousy blouses but who wears those in winter?

If I have one, which I do now (but it looks great as a dressy top) what? Does a person have to go out and purchase a turtleneck or does one just endure being cold?

Another question: which rayon blends pill the worst? And then look years and years old after just being taken in and out of the closet?

I'm very confused!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 

I think the peasant style is okay if it's in velvet (or flannel), a colder weather fabric.  Otherwise, as you'll find out, it's too cold where you live for those. 

I haven't had good luck with rayon.  In my experience it fades and shrinks.  Requires dry cleaning to take care of it long term