Hi everyone

not even watching today

it's so repetitive, or maybe it's me, 

but it's sunny and not cold outside

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A. M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 1-2-2020

@lolakimono wrote:

@SoX 

@LTT1 talked me into the one of a kind cape that I posted about last week.  It's not here yet, of course, with the USPS being an absolute cluster.  I ordered two different sets of buttons that I hope will work to change out what's there.  I'm not sure which will look better.  One is coming from Canada, so we'll see when that arrives.  

@lolakimono 

I hope the new buttons won't take away the vintage vibe ... it's such a lovely piece as it is.

Honored Contributor

On NYE, we did a virtual white elephant with my co-worker, her fiance, and his nerd friends.  They are into all things tech, Star Wars, Dungeons and Dragons, etc. so it's always a gamble RE white elephant.  I was able to steal back my gift but BF got a game that we'll probably never play.

We had fun playing some games on Jackbox TV, one that is really good is called Quiplash.

I ordered my presents from Shopgoodwill.com, and I found some interesting items.  Our limit was $20.

I got these vintage chopsticks (two boxes).

This is what I need to mail out today. I essentially paid for shipping twice, but I included the original shipping in my $20.  They are going to be shipped to a couple (military) who have lived all over, so I think they'll appreciate them.

The other gift that I "stole" from someone so that I could get it back was this- vintage glass sectioned fish plates.  I am thinking grilled cheese sandwiches and soups, or soup and crackers.  They have shipped but they haven't arrived yet.  They're coming from the opposite coast.  

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@SoX 

@LTT1 talked me into the one of a kind cape that I posted about last week.  It's not here yet, of course, with the USPS being an absolute cluster.  I ordered two different sets of buttons that I hope will work to change out what's there.  I'm not sure which will look better.  One is coming from Canada, so we'll see when that arrives.  

@lolakimono 

I hope the new buttons won't take away the vintage vibe ... it's such a lovely piece as it is.

@SoX 

It's missing one of the buttons to close it.  It requires 6 buttons, and there are five. I thought about pulling one of the sleeve buttons off and using that for the closure and then replacing the two sleeve buttons with something else.

I ordered these vintage buttons:

One Package 12 Buttons Red Rose Shaped Vintage Shank image 0

CLOISONNE Rose Bud in Red   Green  Gold  Flower Design image 0

Esteemed Contributor

My LTS purchase this past week ... oh, those eyes!

Honored Contributor

@LTT1, happy New Year to you. I hope you are doing well, take care.

Honored Contributor

Happy New Year all, I am still doing PT, some nights are great to sleep others not so much.

Still weak and tired but not shopping, only two easy pays no desire to shop since all I wear is sweats and long T shirts.

This too shall pass sooner than later I hope 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono
Good morning and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Good morning and Happy New Year to all.
I'm not doing any clothing shopping until closer to Spring. I have more than I need right now but will need some new tops by then. For now, just doing housework and repairs, yeah, what I currently have works fine. In the exception of having somewhere I need to go, well...the closet is full, lol.
Meanwhile, I am impatiently waiting for things to improve, as I'm sure most of us are.
"To each their own, in all things".