Honored Contributor

Ann Taylor houndstooth pieces?

With the outrageous discounts I can't help but look! What do you think of these pieces?

9D2F0E4A-7528-464C-886E-16EA313C213E.pngBF770BE4-76E8-4DD6-AAFA-22295A8C590F.png

Honored Contributor

Re: Ann Taylor houndstooth pieces?

I love them both.

Esteemed Contributor

Be sure to read the reviews.  I ordered DD what appeared online to be a really nice houndstooth jacket.  When I got it it was nothing like it looked.  They showed it to be relatively fitted; in fact it was extremely boxy.  Also the material was very cheap lookiing.  When I ordered it there were no reviews. By the time I got it there were many saying that.  But returns are easy there so it is certainly worth a shot.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom 

With these new prices I've done some damage at Ann Taylor recently! My only gripe is the colors of the first couple pieces were not quite as shown, nothing awful, just a little bit different so I kept them.

Otherwise I've been very happy with the pieces I've purchased 

Is this the piece? I really like it from the picture and I'm sorry if this is the one that didn't work out. It's really too bad

9BAD841F-F5F2-41BE-9639-FE37A37F5E5C.png

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo , that wasn't it.  I can't find it now.  Overall I am happy with AT's clothes, that was just a miss.  In this case you probably have reviews to go by to know if the clothes are as pictured.  

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne 

I like them both too but especially the skirt! I just can't really justify the purchase when I rarely wear skirts and dresses

Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely love that skirt!  The shape, the dark houndstooth, the front split, the wide belt... everything.

The big black and white houndstooth on the dress is too busy.  A smaller sized print would be better to me.  Love the shape of the dress, though.

Which one are you buying?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo   I love the skirt!  The dress is a bit too busy for me.  Check out J Crew - I got a cute houndstooth sweater on clearance from there!

Esteemed Contributor

I love both pieces as well as the jacket that was also posted.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo  - I like the skirt.  The dress is a little too busy for me.

I've always been pleased with AT clothing.