Respected Contributor

80's era Jordache Jeans commercials are the best!

Look at this commercial! I want to live in it and have the catchy theme song play in my head forever Smiley LOL.  The "Canadian Tuxedo" aka denim on denim is back and I love it and wear it myself  Smiley Happy  Walmart carries Jordache jeans and I bought an 80's re-issue high waisted skinny jean pair- "She's got the look! the Jordache look!" Any Jordache lovers here? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdZ6q8lrHpo 

Vintage Jordache Jean Ads From the '70s, '80s, and '90s Are Major | Glamour

Retrotisement — Jordache jeans (with arcade game bonus!) – The Man in the  Gray Flannel Suit

Trusted Contributor

Re: 80's era Jordache Jeans commercials are the best!

Great memories of the 80's and I loved Jordache jeans.I liked the fit. Brings back memories of when I was slimmer and younger, lol !

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There were dozens of Jeans brands back in the late 70s/'80s . Calvin Klein was King.  they all tried to copy CK. i had Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans,  they fit great!  

Bonjour, Sergio Valente, Chic, Guess

commercials (youtube)

Gloria Vanderbilt

ZENA Jeans

Seruchi

Jordache

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@piperbay  The ads are amazing for Jordache and the models are so fresh faced and fun.  I'm glad this post can bring back memories for you and I bet you look great in jeans then and now Smiley Happy  The Jordache reissue jeans I got fit nicely- I bet the original 80's Jordache jeans were even nicer! Smiley HappyHeart  When I look at how today's teenyboppers are bringing back low rise jeans that were popular when I was a teen, I think "You can have them, kids!" 

Respected Contributor

@CatsyCline I love the Calvin Klein Brooke Shields ads- she has the best hair and eyebrows.  Those Zena and Gloria Vanderbilt jeans are gorgeous! I love that back in the 80's, jeans had actual theme songs with lyrics- such fun advertising campaigns compared to todays jeans.  

Respected Contributor

Me and my husband both loved Jordache back in the day, we were married in 81 and I remember getting excited when I saw them on sale at Macys.  I also liked Guess, those are the two brands I liked the most.

In high school it was Ditto feel the fit!

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99 Oh I can just imagine happy newlyweds in his and hers Jordache jeans-a stylish duo in Jordache jeans Smiley Happy Heart.  Guess jeans are still going strong too- I had a pair a few years ago that I loved.  Dittos: "we wrote the book on fit." and "feel the fit" are catchy slogans.   I love this Dittos commercial- great 70's color scheme and the jeans look like the perfect fit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0-rFQDGWeI

Respected Contributor

Ooo La La Sasson...!

1983 Sasson Jeans ad | 1980s fashion

Respected Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@spumoni99 Oh I can just imagine happy newlyweds in his and hers Jordache jeans-a stylish duo in Jordache jeans Smiley Happy Heart.  Guess jeans are still going strong too- I had a pair a few years ago that I loved.  Dittos: "we wrote the book on fit." and "feel the fit" are catchy slogans.   I love this Dittos commercial- great 70's color scheme and the jeans look like the perfect fit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0-rFQDGWeI

I remember my friend had pink dittos and she had the pink jacket to match!  I was so jealous, my parents did not  have the money for that, I probably bought my dittos with my money from working at McDonalds!  We had a good house in a good neighborhood and we ate good but those types of things were definetely not in the budget!  

Respected Contributor

My husband also wore those lightweight jackets and now I can't remember the name of it and its going to bug me.  He also had some angel flights, it was during the disco era.