Esteemed Contributor

Re: $35 for an elbow sleeve Pima T shirt ???

I wouldn't pay $35 plus S&H either.  For that type of t shirt, I either wait for a sale at Macy's, go to TJ Maxx, or Target.  There's not a whole lot of difference in quality between a $35 and a $19.99 one IMO.  I got two very nice Isaac t shirts at Sam's Club last summer for around $10 each also; every once in a while there's an Isaac item to be found there.  

Trusted Contributor

@Peppu  You can always shop online at Target, Walmart, JCP, or even Amazon for cheaper items. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Peppu  .. try Landsend.  Do a search for their Women's Elbow Sleeve Supima Cotton... they are on sale.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Peppu wrote:

I think its a little too much to ask for, esp with the current economic situation.

For $35, I would think the Pima cotton tops would be thin.

I recently purchased 6 Isaac Mizrahi long-sleeve pima tops, A372671, TSV $29 each. Now, it's $35. It is a little thinner than other Isaac tops I have. I just push up the sleeves or leave long -- I have all the colors except white. Great Value!!!!

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

You actually think $35 is a lot for a t-shirt?? Really? Wow! That's a bargain basement price! I just can't fathom the thinking that this shirt has an outrageous price! smh

I wouldn't call $35 for a plain tee shirt a bargain basement price.  Maybe for you, but for others $35 is quite a stretch.  

I am fortunate that I don't have financial worries, but at one time when my children were young, I had to struggle to put food on the table.

Even with my healthy budget today, I wouldn't pay $35 for a tee shirt from QVC.  I can and have done better for less money.  I'd rather feed my pockets than Issac's and QVC's.

So, yes...I really do think $35 is a lot for tee shirt.

Frequent Contributor

I don't think I would pay more than $25.

With the gas price dropping, cost of manufacturing/shipping should automatically come down. 

That means Q is not 'passing on the savings to us'.

Look every where else, they are selling clothes so cheap.

Frequent Contributor

I don't think you live in a real world. Bargain basement price?

These shirts would probably not cost more than $5-7 at the place of manufacture.

Respected Contributor

@AlcottWilder wrote:

I have several of Isaac's Pima cotton tees. They are high quality and last for years. I still have the first one presented as a TSV years ago. It's a great basic that can look appropriate for work and casual wear. Plus its so soft. So for me paying $35 for a tee that won't pill, is comfortable, is cotton, will hold its color and and look nice for years is a good price. Plus no dry cleaning. 

I agree; I love his pima cotton tees. I don't know if they're pricey or not but to me, they're usually worth the price. And they're a lot more comfortable that the Denim & Co. varities (did I spell that right?). I haven't bought a whole lot of IM but I haven't had to return anything

As far as I'm concerned it's a free country any anyone can buy anthing they want. 

Honored Contributor

I think it depends on what you want a t=shirt for.  I buy t shirts from LL Bean and Talbots.  ALL pima cotton now and I pay a good price for them.  About $30 on sale and up.

I have bought clearance ones on sale at Talbots--season end for $19 as the cheapest I can think of.

I keep new ones for awhile for looking really nice.  When they have been worn out a few times, and washed a few times, they are for every day wear.  When they get a little more worn looking they are for cleaning the garage, cooking etc.  

So maybe I don't ever buy what someone else considers "every day" t-shirts.  I like to look nice and feel good every day.

Super Contributor

Hey californiarain, go to Rag & Bone, if you think $35.00 blows your mind.