Trusted Contributor

what is microsoft edge?

Trusted Contributor

A search engine

Honored Contributor

@tucka 

Microsoft Edge is the new browser for Windows, next year Microsoft will no longer be supporting (updates/fixes) for IE (Microsoft's browser Internet Explorer).

I'm lovin' it!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

@tucka wrote:

what is microsoft edge?

A browser software.  It is Microsoft's replacement for Internet Explorer.  I was blessed with it as an automatic download.  I have not tried it so I don't know anything about how well or how badly it works. 

I am still usiing Windows 7 and hope to keep it as long as possible. 

Honored Contributor

@Susan345 

You really should try Edge, it's so much better than IE and I've been an IE user for many years!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Within the last month I was havng trouble with Cbrome.  I was getting more ads then content and my searches were being invaded so to speak.  I changed to Edge and the ads seemed to calm down and almost  stop.  Easier trust me.  

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@tucka 

Microsoft Edge is the new browser for Windows, next year Microsoft will no longer be supporting (updates/fixes) for IE (Microsoft's browser Internet Explorer).

I'm lovin' it!

@KingstonsMom The problem is that antivirus software such as McAfee does not work with Edge. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@tucka 

I'm lovin' it!

@KingstonsMom The problem is that antivirus software such as McAfee does not work with Edge. 

@Mindy D  - That's strange because my new desktop came with McAfee.  I don't use that, because we have Norton, so I uninstalled it.  It may be that you have to make sure you disable the Windows Defender that comes with Microsoft, to avoid any clashes.

Norton 360 works perfectly well with Edge.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@tucka 

I'm lovin' it!

@Mindy D  - That's strange because my new desktop came with McAfee.  I don't use that, because we have Norton, so I uninstalled it.  It may be that you have to make sure you disable the Windows Defender that comes with Microsoft, to avoid any clashes.

Norton 360 works perfectly well with Edge.

McAfee & Norton "clash".   Use one or the other.    I use McAfee with Edge

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@tucka 

I'm lovin' it!

McAfee