Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@dooBdoo  I didn't realize that it mattered if you opened the e-mail as long as you didn't click on a link.  I use Apple's Mail for my e-mail, and there's no way to avoid opening the mail.  I have Comcast as a back-up e-mail and don't have to open it there, but in Mail I can't delete it without opening it.

When I have hovered over the sender's name it looks like a very official Apple e-mail address.  This is the first Spam e-mail I've ever gotten that was very hard to tell that it wasn't real.

Hi, @NickNack!   Do you mean you use the Apple Mail app to access your email account?   What actual provider do you use (other than Comcast) -- in other words, what's the information after the "@" in your email address?  Also, are you using a computer or a mobile device?   (Sorry for all the questions -- these days there are so many variables.)

@dooBdoo  I use Apple Mail on my MacBook Air.  I have an icloud email address.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack,  The electricity keeps going off here so I'm typing quickly with my iPad. I don't use the iCloud mail and instead of the Mail app on my Mac I prefer to use the full website access to my email accounts, so I can't access the specific settings for your type of mail account.   Best bet is to walk through the settings and preferences and find those that might help with issues discussed here.   I agree, the criminals sending spam are adept at using fakery that resembles valid addresses and messages.   It's a shame we have to deal with such trickery isn't it.   Take care and happy July 4th! 😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@NickNack,  The electricity keeps going off here so I'm typing quickly with my iPad. I don't use the iCloud mail and instead of the Mail app on my Mac I prefer to use the full website access to my email accounts, so I can't access the specific settings for your type of mail account.   Best bet is to walk through the settings and preferences and find those that might help with issues discussed here.   I agree, the criminals sending spam are adept at using fakery that resembles valid addresses and messages.   It's a shame we have to deal with such trickery isn't it.   Take care and happy July 4th! 😊

@dooBdoo  I don't use the Mail app either.  I use the full website access on my laptop.  I didn't think there was any way to avoid opening the e-mail.  You can't check anything to delete it before clicking on the mail.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau