Honored Contributor

I have some addresses that send me email that msn blocks... and I do not want them to. Can someone navigate me on the MSN page how to put an address on the OK to go through?  I just can not seem to find the right way to do this.  I hope this explaination is clear.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have Outlook and am not aware of emails not getting through, but if one is sent to Junk Email and I don't want it there, I open the message and click "Not Junk."  Then Oulook moves it to the Inbox and - I believe - remembers to put future emails from that sender in the Inbox.  It also works in reverse - emails that are in the Inbox can be tagged as Junk Email and future emails from that sender will go to Junk automatically.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr   They actually get totally blocked... do not even go to Junk... several email addresses including our banking info from our bank. My husband has to have our banking info go to his phone and then he sends it to our MSN mail.   This has been going on for a long time... It is random emails... certain places I shop... our bank... just out of the blue.  Has nothing to do with the sender... it is MSN that blocks the email for some reason. Tried to call CS... there is no one to call...

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   Yes, that is strange.  And it's frustrating there's no one to ask at Microsoft.  Have you searched Microsoft forums for reports by others of similar problems?  Other than that, have you looked at mail Settings > Junk email.  It lists your blocked senders and domains and Safe senders and domains.  I wonder if some of your bank's emails come from another address that's listed as blocked. Just a guess, you said the occurence is random so that's probably not the answer.

Regular Contributor

Go to your settings on e-mail. Click on View All Outlook Settings and look at your Rules. That is where rules are created that can block specific senders. It is possible that a rule is activated that would block those specific senders. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@ValuSkr   They actually get totally blocked... do not even go to Junk... several email addresses including our banking info from our bank. My husband has to have our banking info go to his phone and then he sends it to our MSN mail.   This has been going on for a long time... It is random emails... certain places I shop... our bank... just out of the blue.  Has nothing to do with the sender... it is MSN that blocks the email for some reason. Tried to call CS... there is no one to call...

If they are being tagged or blocked at the server level, I had that happen to my comcast mail, you'll need to contact MSN.  Sometimes when there is a mass e-mail sent out, the server marks it's as junk and blocks it from getting to your mailbox.  Another option, create a new e-mail with a different company and change it at your bank.  I have 5 different e-mail addresses and use them for different purposes.