Frequent Contributor

problems with Craigslist, help!

I have CL saved in my favorites list and used to be able to go to the site all the time. Now when I try to pull it up, I get an error message that says "HTTP 403 Forbidden" and I cannot get into the site at all. Have any of you experienced a problem similar to this?

Honored Contributor

Re: problems with Craigslist, help!

It's a common error, a problem with access to a server and can have numerous causes.

It's often just a corruption in the way your favorite/bookmark is trying to link to the website. The first thing to try, in troubleshooting this, would be to connect directly to the site without using your favorite/bookmark.

Go to the website directly: www.craigslist.org

If it connects properly, delete the old favorite/bookmark and save a new one now that you're on the website.

Another option would be connecting with a different browser to see if you get different results. If those two don't resolve the problem, there are other things to try.

I hope that helps, at least for starters.Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Frequent Contributor

thank you for responding, I have tried the first option and it did not work either. I have IE as my browser and thought that might be the problem, so I am going to try another browser and see if that helps. Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

Hi, 1mamaj! You're welcome. I should've also asked the basics, whether you've deleted cookies, cache, website data and quit and relaunched the browser. That could resolve the connection issue, too.

(I should add, I never use IE so if additional steps are needed perhaps some of the experienced IE users will add to the discussion or I can provide a link or two to some online troubleshooting tips.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Frequent Contributor

thanks again, dooBdoo; I downloaded google chrome and am able to get on CL with no problem. Funny thing, I can also get on there today with IE! Go figure.... Thank you so much for your help!

Honored Contributor

The universe is trying to tell you to avoid Craigslist.