Contributor

Need to buy a portable charger for my Samsung phone. Any suggestions?

I am looking on Amazon but don't know what to buy?

Honored Contributor

You mean like the Halo? I have theirs and really like mine.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

I like a brand Anker. They sell on Amazon. You need to buy a charger, and an AC adapter. This company has a CS number. http://www.ianker.com/contact.html

Honored Contributor

I got one at Radio Shack that was much less expensive than a halo and is flat like a thick credit card - I carry it in the cc slot in my purse.

Honored Contributor

My only suggestion is to make sure you get one with more ""mAh"" as they will charge more without having to be recharged. They may cost a bit more but for many they are better for the amount of times they use it.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I got a PowerNow charger from HSN. I love it. It can completely charge my cell phone two times before the charger needs to be recharged. It is small & fits in my purse. I use it a lot.

Frequent Contributor
On 7/7/2014 hckynut said:

My only suggestion is to make sure you get one with more "mAh" as they will charge more without having to be recharged. They may cost a bit more but for many they are better for the amount of times they use it.

Or if you can afford 2, maybe get one with less mAh, which would be lighter and easier to carry in a purse - adequate for short times away from home. Then one with more mAh, which would be heavier but have more "juice" - better for longer stints away and/or more powerful devices, such as tablets.

Honored Contributor

You didn't mention what you wanted to use it for or which Samsung phone you have, which makes a difference.

If you just want something for an extra boost and less recharging daily, you might want to look at a charger case, like the Mophie Juice Pack. (Make sure you buy Mophies directly from Mophie or an authorized dealer, even if you buy on Amazon. The market is flooded with counterfeits sold on Amazon Marketplace, eBay, mall kiosks, etc.)

If you want something that will get you through a full day of use when you can't get to an outlet, I recommend an Anker and, like hckynut said, a high mAh. I have an 8400mAh pack that easily gets my iPhone 5S through 18 hours of near constant use have a 13000mAh for times I might need 2 days. Both still fit in my purse, though they can be heavy. A charger built into a phone case is much lighter, but will give you maybe 1 full charge, not 3 or more.