Super Contributor

Need help with reccomendations for a porch camera, just need the basic, easiest to install, and do not need any cloud or subscription service..we are NOT tech savy and really overwhelmed by all the choices out there.. Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I have Blink Cameras - easy to install. Or, maybe you want to try the Ring Doorbell - my friend is happy with hers.

Esteemed Contributor

Blink camera. Easy to set up. Maybe takes 10 minutes to install, no fees ever. Check online they've been on sale lately. Easy to attach to wherever you want. Connecting camera to IPad is as simple as downloading an app, putting in the batteries, taking a picture (or you can do it manually) of the serial number and putting the back on. 

Trusted Contributor

I love our blink cameras, we have 6 of them...very easy to install.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Super Contributor

Thanks, I was leaning toward the blink camera..now to find the best deal.ha  glad to know its easy to use

Respected Contributor

I have a wireless, rechargeable, WiFi Zumimall camera that I purchased from Amazon and I LOVE it. It was easy to set up and install. There is an option to purchase a cloud based storage subscription, but it's not necessary. With normal use, the battery charge lasts about 5 months. I'd post the link, but I don't think it would be allowed. Amazon refers to it as size "ZM-A3". 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

We were given a Ring doorbell as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago, LOVE it.  Took like 5-7 minutes to install and now cannot imagine my life without it.

Trusted Contributor

We have the ring and arlo. Both have been great for us.

Valued Contributor

Do Blink cameras run on batteries?  Also, do they connect to devices via WiFi?  My WiFi signal does not work outside my house.

Respected Contributor

@JGalt wrote:

Do Blink cameras run on batteries?  Also, do they connect to devices via WiFi?  My WiFi signal does not work outside my house.

I suggest you get a better router.  All security devices needs WiFi for you to have audio and video you can see on your phone.  Otherwise, get a outside light with motion detection.