Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest  Same here, and also mentioned the 3s in what I have reading about.  Haven't found a resolution yet.  For me, now appears to be only happening once a day.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest @Krimpette   Are you still getting the pop up.  There are recent conversation on Apple Support.  I got there by entering in google "Apple wants to make changes"

It is a complicated read for me.  But one of the things recommended which I did was to shut down and restart in safe mode.  I stayed in safe mode for a while, shut down, then restarted in regular mode.  

I have not had the pop up since.  Not guarantee it will work for everyone, but wanted to try it before I delved further in to the other actions they were recommending.

Respected Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@goldensrbest @Krimpette   Are you still getting the pop up.  There are recent conversation on Apple Support.  I got there by entering in google "Apple wants to make changes"

It is a complicated read for me.  But one of the things recommended which I did was to shut down and restart in safe mode.  I stayed in safe mode for a while, shut down, then restarted in regular mode.  

I have not had the pop up since.  Not guarantee it will work for everyone, but wanted to try it before I delved further in to the other actions they were recommending.

@goldensrbest @Krimpette  Update Sorry to say rebooting in safe mode only kept the pop up gone for a day.  Its back.  Unfortunately I guess I will have to try and follow instuctions being given out on the Apple Forum.  Sigh...If either of you find a solution, please share.  Thanks

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny. Only had that pop-up that one time.  Thankfully!

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny, I am getting this every day now, did you find out why this pop up happens?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest  Let me get back to you.  I did some research about it a while back and followed some unsuccessful directives to eradicate it.  Seems many people have/are experienced(ing) this and of course there are always alot of suggestions.

The pop up slowed down on my machine, but I have noticed the occurance has picked up again recently.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny

Please provide the following info......

1. Which Mac product are you using?

Which OS version?

2.  Which browser is the pop-up showing up?

Pop-up showing up in other browsers?

3.  Which browser are you using? 

Version?

4.  Are you using the pop-up setting in your browser Preferences?

Why aren't you using an Ad/Pop-up blocker????

5.  What does the pop-up say?

6.  Post a screenshot of this pop-up?

7.  Are you clicking on pop-ups?

8.  Have you run Malwarebytes? 

Outcome?

9.  Why aren't you using an Ad/Pop-up blocker????

10.  Detail all the troubleshooting suggestions you have previously tried.  Need this info to properly help.  No one wants to go over what you have already tried w/no results.

For the record, if you are using Safari, I cannot help.  I've never used Safari.  Too much TLC for my taste.  That being said, there are many Safari experts here who can help you out as well as those on Apple's Safari message boards.

===============

"Seems suggestions for action are all over the place, many way too complicated for me to understand as I am not that "techie"."

What is it you do not understand?  Any from Apple's KB Article......

COPY/PASTE--->support.apple.com/en-us/HT203987

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: pop up on apple lap top

[ Edited ]

I went on chat at apple today ,never got it takencare of ,i could not send a screen shot to them  of pop up add,  i know they have heard of this pop up,i told them every thing it said. I cleared my cache,  my son said do not do any anti virus  add ons.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest  Hi.  I just decided to download Malwarebytes for Mac.  (Per my DH).  The basic version is free, but they do offer a premium real time version for a free 14 day trial.  (It will expire after 14 days and convert to the free version).  I am probably going to retain the premium version after the 14 day trial.  

I tried to figure out how to remove the pop-up myself but since I am so "technically challenged" I found myself getting extremely frustrated then fearful I would mess something up and not be able to correct.

Thus far the pop-up hasn't appeared, but I just ran the program about 30 minutes ago.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have a macbook pro,i keep getting a popup ,saying apple wants to make changes, asking for password, i hit cancel each time, legit,or not?

Call apple support.  I had it and it took them 15 minutes over the phone to fix it.  It's adware and you want to get rid of it.