Honored Contributor

I have a macbook pro,i keep getting a popup ,saying apple wants to make changes, asking for password, i hit cancel each time, legit,or not?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I had a pop-up last week that was a large exclamation point in the middle of the screen wanting me to update.  I posted my issue here and was advised to be sure that I had updated to the latest update (Safari version 12).  When I did that update, the pop-up went away. (I'm using Sierra on my old MacBook Pro and High Sierra on my newer one.  I did the update on both.

(My apologies to the forum Mac techies if I have mis-stated anything!)

(My pop-up did not make any reference to Apple.  It didn't have any identifying information.)

Have you done the version 12 update?

Honored Contributor

Re: pop up on apple lap top

[ Edited ]

I don't have a MacBook but I would not enter my password from a pop-up.

I would call or email Apple for an Answer.

I don't even click the links in my email for my billing statements. I go direct to their sites to get my billing info.

Honored Contributor

I did not enter my password.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest@Krimpette@Mz iMac@Nightowlz

I am still getting the same pop up that goldensrbest is getting.  When I did the most recent update from the App Store Safari Version 12.0, on 9/18/18, it solved the pop up issue for one day.  It has been occurring again.  I just keep cancelling it.  Going to explore further.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@goldensrbest@Krimpette@Mz iMac@Nightowlz

I am still getting the same pop up that goldensrbest is getting.  When I did the most recent update from the App Store Safari Version 12.0, on 9/18/18, it solved the pop up issue for one day.  It has been occurring again.  I just keep cancelling it.  Going to explore further.

Please let me know,what you find out.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest  I definitely will.  I have been following posts on one of Apple forums, many suggestions, but no absolute resolution.  Several mentioned they had also contacted Apple customer support.  Seems suggestions for action are all over the place, many way too complicated for me to understand as I am not that "techie".  I don't know why there are not just simple fixes we "normal" users can comprehend.

Honored Contributor

I seem to get 3 in a row,when it happens.