Honored Contributor

What is the best ,and safest way to save passwords?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest

I save my passwords in a section of my iPad tablet called “notes.”

As my program updates, it saves the passwords for DH’s devices also.

Chrome browser saves them also.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: password downloads

[ Edited ]

Old School:  Write them down on a piece of paper & keep in a safe place that only you know about.

PW are no good if you need one to log-on & all your pw info are on your comp or on mobile devices!

New School:  Use a Password Manager - your browser and/or 3rd party software.

Then switch to "old school" by printing out the pw & keep in a safe place & your HD.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I have an address book that I repurposed as passwords book 

I let google save some but not critical ones 

Honored Contributor

Having to remember and keep track of passwords is the worst part of using the Internet.  I've tried several method and finally decided to go old fashioned and use an address book.  I can find them quickly since it's alphabetized.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you've requested that your browser save your passwords to auto-fill them, you can look them up in the browser/device itself where they're stored, so you don't need to keep additional, manual copies.   The info is already saved, organized, and updated for you.

As an example, on an iPad, for Safari:

Go to Settings-->Safari-->Passwords

Enter your passcode

You'll see a list of all the sites 

Tap a site name

The login info will be displayed

For any browser or device, just do an internet search for something like "how to view saved passwords on [Firefox, Chrome, etc. -- fill in this space with your choice]" and you'll see simple instructions.image.gif

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac  I'm old school too.....i printed out all of our passwords then deleted the file.  I left a lot of space between each password so I would be able to pencil in additions.  The four sheets of passwords are in plastic protective sheets and placed in a binder. 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, i have the pads of paper that have them wrote down, i did have them saved to computer ,but had some trouble with my old lap top last week ,and lost the program i had for the life of me can't find what i had.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Contributor

I use a program called KEEPER . My DIL told me about it and I have now used it for several years. My friends all have it. It is secure and easy.  Check it out Smiley Happy