Valued Contributor

Re: ?? on purchasing Tracfone time

[ Edited ]

YEA!  Thank you all for saving me money.  I went with the suggestion from @rolen   and @Venezia .  I never would have seen/figured out about the add on items on the checkout page.  I ordered 1000 texts for $5.00 and then added at the checkout page, 365 days of service for $49.99.  Total, including tax, came to $59.62.

YIPPEE....you saved me over $65.......😍

edit:  I decided to delete the 1000 texts on the checkout page. Therefore, I ended up spending a total of $54.11, saving over $70 from what I would have paid without "checking here first."

Frequent Contributor

jGalt -  I am so glad it worked out for you using the add on item page and getting the additional days you wanted.  We have had Tracfones for many years.  We just use the phones when we travel, for occasional texting and emergencies.  We still have a land line for use at home.

When we first had Tracfones, we bought cards at a store or from Amazon when we had to renew service.  The cards we bought always had tons of minutes and because of that, we now have about 3000 minutes on each phone.  I can't imagine ever using those minutes with how we use our phones.  So we Googled for info about how to just get additional time and not minutes. We found the info about using the Add on page to up our time by 365 days and have been using it even since.  

When we recently told our granddaughter that our phone cost us just a little over $5 per month she was amazed.  Hers cost her so much more.  Of course, the kids use the phones qute differently than we do.  We are very satisfied customers of Tracfone.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rolen , yes, I have over 7400 talk minutes remaining, over 6500 texts, and over 7 GB data.  I definitely did not need more of any of those.  I also have a land line because cell phones do not work inside my house.  But since the world insists on texting, I keep my phone turned on all the time.

Around here if one needs to engage a plumber or electrician or tree cutting guy or handyman, texting is the only way to reach them.

Thanks again for your help.

Honored Contributor

I bought a very inexpensive LG tracfone a long time ago and I just buy a card for minutes ($20) like every 2 months when the service is about to expire.  You can buy these cards any where.  It doesn't bother me that I have to to this to continue service even hough I still have a lot of unexpired minutes.  It's like $10 a month.  Of course, I don't use my cell phone for much.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@JGalt- Glad we could help a fellow Tracfone user.  Thanks for coming back and letting us know it worked for you!

Contributor

Thank you so much, Rolen! I go through this every year - always need service days only and don't want to get rid of my flip phone. Your advice worked perfectly and I was able to buy a year of service for just under $50. Yee Haw! Rita
Honored Contributor

I have a Tracfone flip phone and my choices for adding minutes to it are limited so I just picked a plan that gives me the best price over time. That plan was for every 90 days and I purchased it on their 'auto-load' method. I haven't looked recently at their plans but I think for a flip phone the 90-day plan is the longest plan they offer. Wish they had a 360-day plan for flip phones but they don't. At any rate, the price for the 90-day plan is low and that doesn't break the bank.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FluffyNo1 wrote:
Thank you so much, Rolen! I go through this every year - always need service days only and don't want to get rid of my flip phone. Your advice worked perfectly and I was able to buy a year of service for just under $50. Yee Haw! Rita

Where did you find that plan for a year's worth? @FluffyNo1  Last time I looked it wasn't offered.  I have a flip phone and the cheapest 365-day plan for that costs $99. I read the 365-day plan for $50 was discontinued and is no longer available, which is what I'm seeing on the Tracfone site.  I pay $20 for a 90-day plan w/auto-refill.

Does anyone else here know about this 365-day plan for $50?? I would like to know. TIA

Contributor

SilleeMee, go to Tracfone's website. Choose Buy Airtime Service Plan. On next page, choose to add $9.99 30 service days as a one time purchase. On the Checkout page go to the category More for Your Phone and choose 365 Extra Service Days for $49.99. Then you can review your cart and remove the $9.99 One time purchase of 30 days of service and check out. Works like a charm. Kind of sneaky of them to hide it away like this, lol. Hope this helps.
Honored Contributor

Thank you! @FluffyNo1