Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@kcladyz wrote:

I believe you but  for some reason it tells me to connect to itunes. I have  no idea why.  At least on the iphone.

Because you set it up that way. Go to itunes on your desktop and click the picture of your device, on the summary page under backups click icloud (not this computer) and on options click sync over wi-fi. Then click done. 

That's not true.  I know several people who don't have a computer, only an iPad, and they set theirs up fine without iTunes or a computer. 

You misunderstood my post. I know very well it doesn't require itunes to set up. 

You wrote, "because you set it up that way".  To me that means that is how it's done.  

Were you talking in the past tense?  Perhaps had you written "because you originally set it up that way",  it would make more sense. 

The OP is having problems and it helps to be very specific. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kingtut I too bought the new iPad. I ordered mine off the Apple website when it launched. When I received it I called AppleCare which is their customer service line.A very helpful customer service representative spent about 2 1/2 hrs on the phone helping me set my iPad up.Call them They will help you & answer all of your questions!!

Regular Contributor

I want to thank all who responded to me.  I finally had to take the ipad back to the apple store and have it reset to its original mode and then we put in most of the stuff and I gave it a passcode I would definitely remember -- I don't know what was put in by the original person.  So now it seems to be feeling fine   so far I have used it mostly for reading -- i need a larger print edition than the normal print size and it seems to give it to me.

Valued Contributor

The touch ID is touchy at best, half the time mine doesnt recognize me. Hope you get it all set back up, what a pain!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could seem unkind.