Trusted Contributor

I'm non-tech.  Have ipad, about 1.5 years old.  Rarely move it from my kitchen counter, and it's difficult for me to type on the on-screen keyboard while trying to look at flat screen at same time.  Is there a keyboard or keyboard/case that will work on my ipad to make the screen and keyboard sit like my desktop PC?  I need the keyboard flat on counter but the screen at nearly a 90 degree angle.  Don't want anything real expensive, just a basic.

Honored Contributor

They make all kinds of keyboards for an iPad. Just Google iPad keyboard to look for one to fit your iPad. They sell them at Amazon, Wal-Mart etc.

I bought one for mine years ago when I bought my iPad but I have never used it. I think I only paid $20 for it.

Honored Contributor

You may want to get two separate accessories.  

I have a stand for my iPad because looking at it flat for too long causes neck problems for me.  I also have a separate keyboard which sits flat on the desk.  This is sort of like a mini-computer set up.

Both were inexpensive.  I got the stand from Amazon and the keyboard from Walmart.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: keyboard for ipad?

[ Edited ]

Both of my Ipads, an older one and a newer one sit in Zagg Folios w/keyboards. They both do as you would like, keyboard lays flat, screen at a 90% angle. I'm guessing on the angle but I'd say 90% is what they look like to me. I think they came from Best Buy, one of my kids had gotten both of them for me at different times. Amazon has them too.

Super Contributor

@CJC, if it’s because of the angle when sitting on counter, sounds ilke a stand would do the job. It would be sturdier than a keyboard and sit higher, depending on the type of stand that you get. When looking for keyboards, make sure that you know what iPad you have and the size. Amazon has a ton of both, just use the search. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: keyboard for ipad?

[ Edited ]

Thanks everyone!  I think you have solved my problem. Facing another challenge this week....Geek guy coming to get me up and running on new desktop.  Moving from my old security blanket Windows 7 to Windows 10.  Yikes, I’m so nervous. Hope there are tutorials on YouTube cause I know not what I do. 

Respected Contributor

@CJC There are a gazillion keyboard devices for iPad.  You can find them anywhere that sells iPads and maybe anywhere that sells computers.  You can find them on-line at the Apple website and elsewere.

Esteemed Contributor

You may want to look for a keyboard from a well known vendor Zagg, Logitech and others even Apple. 

Apple is releasing a new iPhone in.September.Case companies may offer a discount. 

Honored Contributor

@CJC wrote:

I'm non-tech.  Have ipad, about 1.5 years old.  Rarely move it from my kitchen counter, and it's difficult for me to type on the on-screen keyboard while trying to look at flat screen at same time.  Is there a keyboard or keyboard/case that will work on my ipad to make the screen and keyboard sit like my desktop PC?  I need the keyboard flat on counter but the screen at nearly a 90 degree angle.  Don't want anything real expensive, just a basic.

The company, Brydge, makes awesome keyboards. Just google Brydge keyboards. They have their own site and they are sold elsewhere online.