Honored Contributor

TV died yesterday; just installed new one

So proud of myself. 

Yesterday morning my old TV died (I mean really old!).  It was one of those monster size TV sets that weight a million pounds.  Taking it down of the stand was a real treat.

Shortly after it died, I got on Amazon and ordered a new one ... small apartment so I only need a 32" .... excellent prices.  It was delivered this morning.  I went down to pick it up from our delivery area, wheeled it home, unpacked and installed my cable.  It's one of those sets that sets itself up once it's all plugged in.

Anyway ... I'm sitting here having a can of beer and watching my new TV.  Unpacking and installation took about 20 minutes -- including taking the boxes down to the recycle room.  It's a Sansui LED 32".

Honored Contributor

Re: TV died yesterday; just installed new one

I'm so happy for you!  Just hauled it home and hooked it up!  You deserve that beer don't you?  Watch something good!  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

Don't you just love something electronic that you can take out of the box, hook it up and it works without paying an 'expert' to hook it up?

I do too!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

It's amazingly simple to set up a new TV, especially if it's one of the smaller ones.  They do recommend two people handle the larger screens due to the danger of flexing and cracking them.  I've set up my last 2 TVs alone and installed Firesticks and interior antennas on them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

be gald you didnot buy a  samsung.

Honored Contributor

Girl power.....enjoy your new tv!

Honored Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

be gald you didnot buy a  samsung.

@heart of savino 
The TV that I replaced was a Samsung. I had it about 15/20 years ... never had a problem with it.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

Don't you just love something electronic that you can take out of the box, hook it up and it works without paying an 'expert' to hook it up?

I do too!

@KingstonsMom 

YES!  Particularly since they charge $100 to "install" which basically is plugging in the TV to the electric outlit and screwing in the cable connection and the three color-coded plugs! 

Then select install from the menu and sit back while the TV does its stuff! Smiley Wink 

(Maybe I could get a part time job  as a TV installer?!?!?)

Honored Contributor

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy your new set!  You earned that beer!