Respected Contributor

iPad misbehavin’….help needed !

[ Edited ]

For the last 2days my iPad has been acting up: whether at home using the router or on the road, at a restaurant, it keeps dropping the internet connection.

I keep hitting use my iPhone connection which it does until I close the iPad.  I have totally turned off the iPad for 5-8 minutes but it keeps occurring.

I had downloaded the iOS update on Monday with no issues until Thursday.

Any suggestions please.....

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: iPad misbehavin’….help needed !

@jlkz wrote:

For the last 2days my iPad has been acting up: whether at home using the router or on the road, at a restaurant, it keeps dropping the internet connection.

I keep hitting use my iPhone connection which it does until I close the iPad.  I have totally turned off the iPad for 5-8 minutes but it keeps occurring.

I had downloaded the iOS update on Monday with no issues until Thursday.

Any suggestions please.....

google

ipad loosing internet connection and go from there...

google on how to reset network connections

how to do a reset 

call Apple 

Honored Contributor

@jlkz   In addition to what jackthebear suggested, check Apple Support on YouTube.  Go to the iPad section (your model/generation). A "step by step" video is worth a thousand words.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@jlkz   In addition to what jackthebear suggested, check Apple Support on YouTube.  Go to the iPad section (your model/generation). A "step by step" video is worth a thousand words.

i had a weird issue recently was able to solve by youtube and just research ,  OP's issue is definitely self solvable 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been an avid iPad user for years. Many users have encountered this issue. I contacted Apple. They said iPad's have been the hardest hit by malware never experienced before. If you download the latest update, you're safe. I would not be surprised if another update will be following soon. In the meantime, do a full-on reboot and hope for the best until this problem is resolved. If anyone has not downloaded the Security Update, do it now.  I'm on my iPad Pro now, this after 4 hard reboots today.