Honored Contributor

Is this even possible?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Not sure what you are asking.  I would think spyware could be installed in a macbook.  Are you referring to viruses?

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Yes it is possible.

Mac's are not immune to spyware, adware or viruses.

Lots of info if you google the question.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

When i log on to my macbook ,i got a warning saying it was from apple ,that i had spyware on my laptop.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Spyware on MacBook

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

When i log on to my macbook ,i got a warning saying it was from apple ,that i had spyware on my laptop.

News about this. security upgrade!!!!!

Respected Contributor

If you check in your general settings:  updates it tells you to run an update on your device.  I am updating both my iPhone and iPad now.  Apple has issued a notification on updating.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Ideally, your computers should be set to automatically update for anti-virus programs or in the MacBook case, an update on the operating system.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest I hope your macbook is OK, that you have upgraded, and that you weren't targeted!  See my other thread on the security upgrade.

Honored Contributor

When apple tells me to or updates overnight in my settings I do so or let it happen.

I don't pay attention to e-mails or other "stuff".  

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Ideally, your computers should be set to automatically update for anti-virus programs or in the MacBook case, an update on the operating system.

Apple systems set to automatically update do not necessarily update at the earliest possible time.  I am set to automatic, but didn't wait.  I updated as soon as I saw the news, and the recommendation is to do that, not to wait for the automatic.

Go to "System Preferences".  Click on "software update."  Do that ASAP.