Frequent Contributor

I just bought a new iPad Air 4th generation. I’m trying to transfer my information from my old iPad to the Air and keep getting the message “error connecting to the Apple ID server”. What am I doing wrong? 

Can anyone help me?

thanks

Tucker

Honored Contributor

Re: iPad iCloud problem

[ Edited ]

@Wricardos wrote:

I just bought a new iPad Air 4th generation. I’m trying to transfer my information from my old iPad to the Air and keep getting the message “error connecting to the Apple ID server”. What am I doing wrong? 

Can anyone help me?

thanks

Tucker

@Wricardos @I am not able to answer your question but I can tell you that if you call Apple they definitely will answer your question and they will help you with any transfers and set up. They are very good on the phone. Not as good when at a store. 

Respected Contributor

@Wricardos wrote:

Can anyone help me?

thanks

Tucker

You're doing nothing wrong.  Apple products are often set up to back up to  iCloud.  Get into the iCloud settings on the new iPad and either disable this or enter your iCloud user name and password. 

Frequent Contributor

Did have entered my user name and password and it won’t go any further.

i will see what u tube says. 

This Air 4 is so different than my mini. 

Maybe it’s one of those things that is “ BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR”   😆