Esteemed Contributor

I wish I could go back to the 8.0 music app!  When I first updated, I had to go to iTunes and re-download all my music back onto my iPhone.  It seems the "now playing" section has disappeared.  On the old version I could tap a song, and it would take up the whole screen with options to rewind and adjust volume by sliding an onscreen tab.  Now the only way to find that is when my phone is locked and I try to unlock.  The play buttons are smaller too.  I guess with any upgrade, it will take time getting used to it. I  didn't activate the free trial subscription--not sure it's something I would use.

What are your thoughts about this latest music update?  Do you like it better, worse, or about the same?

Super Contributor

Re: iOS 9 music app on iPhone

Hi wildcat fan,

That update was hard on me, I hate changes of any kind! I had to have a coworker help me figure out where my music was - had NO idea where it went!! Luckily, it was there it was just in a different place.

When your music app is open, you'll see which song is playing right above the "My Music" note on the bottom. If you put your finger on the name of the song and swipe UP you'll open the whole screen to the song info and the controls will be larger.

I think that'll help. Good luck!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: iOS 9 music app on iPhone

@dionline wrote:

Hi wildcat fan,

That update was hard on me, I hate changes of any kind! I had to have a coworker help me figure out where my music was - had NO idea where it went!! Luckily, it was there it was just in a different place.

When your music app is open, you'll see which song is playing right above the "My Music" note on the bottom. If you put your finger on the name of the song and swipe UP you'll open the whole screen to the song info and the controls will be larger.

I think that'll help. Good luck!!

Thank you so much @dionline 😊

I don't know how long it would've taken me to figure that out if you hadn't come along!  I should've known there would be some swipe action to it.  I've been tapping that little play triangle at the bottom left of the screen, but didn't think to swipe.  Thank you!

When I first updated, I hit play and noticed things looked different.  I found out that I was streaming the music because the music disappeared during the update.  I was wondering where all my data went! Now I know to watch for that!