Honored Contributor

Has anyone done this 14.0 update?  How did the update go?  Is it difficult to learn?  I'm not the most computer savvy person in the world, so I'm feeling anxiety about doing this update.  Any suggestions would be welcome!

Respected Contributor

We just bought new iPhones yesterday the iPhone 11Pro max and it’s updated to the 14.0. I don’t see much difference.

Esteemed Contributor

@Leggett28

Nice phone. A YouTuber I follow, Nick Ackerman, recently did a video about iPhone IOS 14. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette  I did mine the other night. Just follow the directions and it takes awhile for it to load, then awhile more for it to install. 
  I leave it alone while it's updating. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I do the updates overnight.  I plug it into the charger.  This one went fine.  When get up in the morning, I push the home button and it's done. I never use all the stuff on my iPhone.  I try to keep it simple.  I do the downloads to keep it up to date.

Esteemed Contributor

Got it.  For me it didn't do much.  As always you have to go through the settings since they pull some fast ones on us.

Super Contributor

The one nice thing that the update does has is that you can turn off your exact location on some apps to general location. 
Go to Settings>Privacy>Location Services. 
    The apps are listed with either Never, While Using, Always, or Ask. If it's Never, you don't have to do anything. For the others, go into the listing, turn off Precise Location if you don't want the app to track you by your exact location. 

This also applies to iPads.