Honored Contributor

Re: iOS 11.2.2 Security Update

I have an I pad also and a mac computer.

am not sure just exactly what update it was but whatever software update it was it totally wiped out my mac.

I know it was a software update, there were 2 other updates with it both minor ones. the printing is so small on these updates, I may have misread what the software update was for. I just know it crashed my entire Mac.

just did an update on my i pad i held my breath when it was updating, didn't want my i pad to go belly plop up

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack@viva923, I have 2016 version of MacBook Pro.  I was told not to install High Sierra until after Feb because I had an issue with the cursor jumping from one part of the text to another.  They replaced track pad ($600repair).  That didn't solve the problems.  Had to reinstall OS and that seemed to work.  I still haven't done High Sierra.  Nervous to do it.  Any thoughts?  LM

Honored Contributor

Lily,  that is the operating system that was installed late Jan.. High Sierra.

I use to run Sierra and when I installed that software update which crashed my computer. DH took it in to Apple and they pulled out the entire operating system and installed the newest one which was High Sierra.

I find the High Sierra OK. have not had any problems. It does take quite a while to boot the computer up. Not sure as why, I do not run much on my computer . I have virus protect and malwarebytes  running constantly. that is all.

Esteemed Contributor

@viva923, thanks for your reply.  I usually like to be up to date but since they told me to wait, I took their advice.  One of these days, I will take the leap and keep my fingers crossed.  LM

Honored Contributor

LILLY  I too was told to wait for installing the High Sierra OS system and this was by Apple and stories in news about problems with the High Sierra.

I wonder if that software update I did in Jan was for a High Sierra NOT the Sierra which I what I was running. That may have cause my computer to crash.

My husband told me that person at Apple store who did the repair job on the computer said they are having problems with many of the computers that are updating to High Sierra. I was not the only computer he had repaired that week. The repair guy was seeing fair share of the problems just like mine install software update and whole computer crashes.

I am back up and running which is all I care about and the OS system was installed professionally correctly.

What is going to happen when Apple updates to a new OS system. I don't even want to think of that now.

Esteemed Contributor

@viva923, if you click on the apple in the upper left corner of your computer it should tell you which OS you have or you can go into settings and look as well.  They told me not to install a High Sierra until Feb (that was in Nov/Dec).  I still haven’t installed it but will check to see if there are still problems and probably will do it soon.  LM