Contributor

audio problems viewing videos

HELLO,

I have been having audio problems viewing videos since friday. Used different browsers

cleared cookies, checked for update for flash, none needed.  Do not have this problem with

HSN audio/videos or other websites that use video/audio, I have been working on this

problem ALL DAY, checking different things out.  I am wondering if the problem

is on QVC end. So many changes to the QVC website, that I wonder.

Could someone else check on this?

thank you

QUEEN BETTY

Frequent Contributor

Re: audio problems viewing videos

Hi there, I am also having the same issue as are many others. QVC, doesn't seem too concerned about fixing it at "their end" as I can also access HSN and Evine and all other sites with no problem. Maybe if we all just keep on posting they'll figure something out. It all started in the last 24 hours when the format of their pages changed. No video will play. I have also cleared cookies and re-started the computer to no avail.

Super Contributor

Hi! Have been having same problem since Friday.  Called customer service and they tried to tell me my problem not QVC's!  Ditto your post! Guess we have to be patient and wait for them to figured out it is QVC's problem!

Trusted Contributor

I usually don't have problems, but I decided to check and I have been unable to watch the QVC Live TV feature.

That's usually how I watch QVC.

It's not working here, but like someone who posted here said, I can watch on other websites.

If that's the case, then I know that there's a problem with this particular site. 

The hardest thing for some technical people to do when they update software is to admit there was a screwup.  And there generally is on some level on some computer somewhere.  They need to just own it.  Some things that you can do in the meantime..  

Go into settings (audio) and make sure that the sound works.  they have .dll files there.  Make sure that they play and the one you select plays.  

Go into video settings and do the same thing.  Make sure that all the files and hardware are functioning normally.  Don't be afriad to click around but DO NOT hit save unless you know what you are saving.  If you don't, elist the help of a fearless but geeky friend.

Clear out caches and temp files.  You can do that in your browser.  Speaking of browsers, if you have recently upgraded yours - that may well be the problem.  EVERYTHING needs a reboot or reset, I wish I had a button.  Fully power off your computer and sign back on.

Finally, if a customer service rep tells you it is not their problem and you have been through the tortures of the damned trying to figure out how to fix things.  Ask for a supervisor.  Customer service is customer service - you at least try to help the customer.