Respected Contributor

Does anyone here use Yahoo mail on their Smartphone?

Have you noticed a recent decline in speed?  Recently my email on my phone has become painfully slow.  I am trying to fiqure out if it is sang with Yahoo or my phone.

Thank you!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I use Yahoo mail on my Samsung Galaxy 4 (I think that's what it is). I've noticed no difference in the way Yahoo mail loads; it's pretty quick actually.

I would start by rebooting your phone and see if that makes a difference.

You don't say what brand of phone you have but if it uses the Android operating system maybe there are other apps still open that you can close up (although my understanding is that Android is supposed to do this automatically).

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

Does anyone here use Yahoo mail on their Smartphone?

Have you noticed a recent decline in speed?  Recently my email on my phone has become painfully slow.  I am trying to fiqure out if it is sang with Yahoo or my phone.

Thank you!Smiley Happy

@Abrowneyegirl,  I don't use Yahoo mail but I do have an AT&T mail account and I believe they both run on the same platform.  My AT&T seems fine.

It would help to know which type of phone you're using and whether you're using the phone's native (built-in) mail or the provider's app.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Well guest what - today on my Samsung phone my Yahoo e-mail started running slow. I think it even crashed once. I rebooted my phone but didn't notice any change. Not sure if it's the app or a connection.

Respected Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

Well guest what - today on my Samsung phone my Yahoo e-mail started running slow. I think it even crashed once. I rebooted my phone but didn't notice any change. Not sure if it's the app or a connection.

Good to know.  I have had Yahoo mail on my mobile phone LG for years and on several phones, this is the first time I have ever had a problem.     Smiley Surprised

Trusted Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@sandraskates wrote:

Good to know.  I have had Yahoo mail on my mobile phone LG for years and on several phones, this is the first time I have ever had a problem.     Smiley Surprised

I think it's Yahoo mail. I had a slight glitch early this morning with it hanging on my laptop but no problems on my phone today. At the moment all are running smoothly.

How's yours working now?

Honored Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@sandraskates wrote:

I think it's Yahoo mail. I had a slight glitch early this morning with it hanging on my laptop but no problems on my phone today. At the moment all are running smoothly.

How's yours working now?

I think it may be more than a 'slight' glitch--I'm not anything on Yahoo Mail right now.  No 'Inbox', nothing--just a mostly blank screen.  No problems on any other sites, so I'm assuming it's on Yahoo's end.  I hope!

ETA:  I just tried it again and got through to my mail with no problems, then went to another site and back to Yahoo Mail and could not get anything again.  Then I finally got a message from Yahoo saying they're having technical difficulties, so apparently they have problems this morning.