Esteemed Contributor

I use Yahoo E Mail,on my IPAD to send and receive E Mail. I have had Yahoo for E Mail for as long as I have had E Mail (years and years).  I changed my password a very long time ago when Yahoo notified me that my password was not strong enough and did not meet their newly;established criteria.  That was well over a year ago and I have had no issues or problems and have made no other changes.  I have sent 3 E Mails to friends in my contact list over the last two days and am receiving the following message.

CANNOT SEND MAIL

The user name or password for Yahoo is incorrect

Any thoughts???

Honored Contributor

Contact Yahoo tech support.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

There’s a thread in Community Chat about this.

i was having issues earlier today, as were many others, according to downdetector.com. 

It’s working fine for me now.  

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

@KathyPet

Yes, I posted earlier with the same problem. Very frustrating but mine now seems to be working. 

Honored Contributor

I've had this and also not showing things I sent in the sent folder (and people said they got them)

This was a few days ago and the wrong email thing with 2 people that had not changed their workable email about a week ago.

Lots of glitches with yahoo with me too and others I've heard.

I'd like to change email providers but it is something I hate the thought of going through and not sure others are any better.

This was on my phone.

And in the past I used to be able to call Yahoo-there is no number now.

Almost impossible to find how to email them and when you do, they send back a canned reply that is no help at all.

So since Verizon took over I was hoping it would be better but I guess not.

Very discouraging.

I try to ignore it until it decides to behave again.

I don't think it is anything we are doing right or wrong.Its all on their side and they must know it but are no help and no way to get any help.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I sent three good friends a E mail as a test asking them to let me know if they received it.  Got the same Error message when I sent all 3 mails but two friends have responded saying they got the test E Mail even though Yahoo said they could not send it.  Bizarre to say the least.

Super Contributor

Which iPad are you using? Which version of iOS are you using? When is the last time you restarted your iPad? Are you using the native iPad email app to send mail or the Yahoo app?