Super Contributor

I just cut the cord a couple of weeks ago with a FireStick combined with YouTube TV and I just love it.

But since the bombing in Nashville, I've had intermittent outages with my YouTube TV. It was down all day yesterday, but I was able to stream everything else on my FireStick. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and nothing.

Then I installed Hulu with the same awful results.

This morning everything is working fine. Has anyone else been having trouble with any of their streaming services for the last week or so?

Honored Contributor

@SchippyLuv 

Wasn't it AT&T that had the big problems in Nashville? I don't have any plugins and my YouTube my streaming works fine.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

You're correct @hckynut ...

I just found a YouTube TV forum with dozens of complaints from all over the country about inablility to use the service since Christmas Morning, when the bombing took place. YouTube TV is totally unresponsive but there has to be a correlation somewhere.

I wrote them a terse note last night stating that if they don't get their stuff together within two more weeks, I'll unplug them and just use my Fire TV. Others are going back to cable, which I for sure won't do.

Sigh... I had my popcorn all popped and everything. But Amazon certainly has a great collection of movies and I've learned how to get most of my watching needs met that way.

Valued Contributor

I stream YouTube on my smart TV here in south Florida. I have had no problems at all. On 12/31, Comcast was fiddling again and took out my TV channels for about 12 hours, but streaming services were not affected.

Esteemed Contributor

@SchippyLuv wrote:

You're correct @hckynut ...

I just found a YouTube TV forum with dozens of complaints from all over the country about inablility to use the service since Christmas Morning, when the bombing took place. YouTube TV is totally unresponsive but there has to be a correlation somewhere.

I wrote them a terse note last night stating that if they don't get their stuff together within two more weeks, I'll unplug them and just use my Fire TV. Others are going back to cable, which I for sure won't do.

Sigh... I had my popcorn all popped and everything. But Amazon certainly has a great collection of movies and I've learned how to get most of my watching needs met that way.

@SchippyLuv

Comcast has given customers about $30 refund for lack of service since March.

Ask Google to compensate you for poor service.