Honored Contributor

I'll find that and send it in and post it to you. I'm in a pc group and they taught me that a long time ago, I haven't signed in , for like yrs. but, I'll ask for you and will post for you.

by using that link I can now skip the mountain scene and I disabled the 

'visible appls page' that I took for granted that I had to click out of to get to my desktop page. Makes my start up page so much faster.

I will post to you in here directly, I hate that you have to sign in each and every time.

Honored Contributor

This is what he said:

OK, I'll try, but first I need to know what model computer she's using and the operating system that's running on it.

For example on my system I open control panel, then select "User Accounts", then select my log-in and clear the password and leave it blank...that bypasses user login screen.
Honored Contributor

Re: Windows Welcome page

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

This is what he said:

OK, I'll try, but first I need to know what model computer she's using and the operating system that's running on it.

For example on my system I open control panel, then select "User Accounts", then select my log-in and clear the password and leave it blank...that bypasses user login screen.

That part is not an option on my screen. Did I miss a step?

This is what I'm seeing and there is no 'My Log-in" option here:

Windows-8.1-Control-Panel-User-Accounts.png

Honored Contributor

I don't have 'my log in ' either on mine

I'll tell him. I assume you have Windows 10 ?

I got HP 15 laptop Windows 10

Honored Contributor

aimoo group, might have to sign up to join aimoo. Free, group Free

http://computerhelp.aimoo.com

guy who runs it is called Bama

got to be something simple because I did it on both my lap tops

Just a matter of unticking the box that requires you to sign in each time.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

found this online too while I'm waiting on Bama

1. Click on Start and then Control Panel.

2. Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety link.

Note: If you're viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply click on theUser Accounts icon and proceed to Step 4.

3. Click on the User Accounts link.

4. In the Make changes to your user account area of the User Accounts window, click theRemove your password link.

5. In the text box on the next screen, enter your current Windows 7 password.

6. Click the Remove Password button to confirm that you'd like to remove your Windows 7 password.

7. You can now close the User Accounts window.

8. Now that your Windows 7 account password has been deleted, you will no longer need to log on when your computer starts.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

found this online too while I'm waiting on Bama

1. Click on Start and then Control Panel.

2. Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety link.

Note: If you're viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply click on theUser Accounts icon and proceed to Step 4.

3. Click on the User Accounts link.

4. In the Make changes to your user account area of the User Accounts window, click theRemove your password link.

5. In the text box on the next screen, enter your current Windows 7 password.

6. Click the Remove Password button to confirm that you'd like to remove your Windows 7 password.

7. You can now close the User Accounts window.

8. Now that your Windows 7 account password has been deleted, you will no longer need to log on when your computer starts.

That is for Windows 7. I don't think it is possible to completely bypass log-in with Windows 10. The only thing I have been able to do is set my computer to automatically sign in without me having to physically type in my password each time I sign on. It's automatic and does not eliminate my password. I just don't type it in...the computer does it for me. I gave the instructions to do this up on the earlier part of this thread.

Honored Contributor

I got Windows 10 on 2 laptops and I just turn it on and it says 

welcome, Susy and now goes straight to desktop apps

no more mountain scenes LOL

you ever need a pc group with friendly people that's geared more to older folks the above link is where to go.

He's not much on Apple Mac's LOL

I got a buddy that helps me with that , though.