Honored Contributor

I got Windows 10 and had the welcome page of mountain scenes, etc. disabled, after the last update it's back to the welcome page. Forgot how I disable it just want it to come on and go straight to desktop.

Any one refresh my memory how I got it to skip the nature scenes ?

Honored Contributor

Re: Windows Welcome page

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you saying that the sign-on screen is stuck?

When I power up, my screen always shows a place to sign in, like this:

download.jpg

I have never been able to not have this screen appear. As far as I know it's the only way you can get to your desktop. I don't think you can bypass it.

Respected Contributor

When I bring up my new HP i5 Touchscreen computer I bought on QVC mine-it comes up to a picture screen. Then I swipe up from the bottom and sign in and hit enter. Then it stays on the screen. Mine has the Fall Creators version on it- this was the latest update. That is how mine has always came up. I have it that if I am away from it for a while that I did not have to sign in when I hit the space bar to put the picture back up when it is in sleep mode.

I think there is a way to get it to not make you sign in when booting but I am not sure of the setting.

The pictures can be found under Settings and Personalization

lick on Themes and choose what you want. Then go out of Settings. Some Themes just have 1 photo and some have more photos in them.

Honored Contributor

I just did these steps and now I don't have to sign in with my password each time I power up. My computer is now is set up to automatically sign in and take me to my desktop.

"Q. Can I change the settings on my Windows 10 laptop so that I don’t have to enter a password every time I start the computer? "

"A. The password screen that appears each time you start Windows 10 is a security feature Microsoft added to help protect your computer from other people. If you do not share the laptop with anybody else and do not use it in public where others may have a chance to tamper with it, disabling the login screen is less of a security issue, but keep in mind that it does remove a level of protection.

Press the Windows and R keys on the keyboard to open the Run box and enter “netplwiz.” Press the Enter key. In the User Accounts window, select your account and uncheck the box next to “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.” Click the Apply button. In the box that appears, type your password where prompted. Click the OK button.

Restart the computer. You should not be asked for a password now to get into your Windows 10 PC. Later, if you wind up creating another user account for someone to share the laptop (or you take the computer on the road where someone else could potentially get into your files), consider reversing your steps and reactivating the password requirement in your Windows 10 settings."

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't get asked for nothing LOL just don't want to wait for the mountain welcome page to welcome me.         Before the **** update happened it just went straight to start up page with all your icons present.

They can't leave well enough alone you know.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you saying that the sign-on screen is stuck?

When I power up, my screen always shows a place to sign in, like this:

download.jpg

I have never been able to not have this screen appear. As far as I know it's the only way you can get to your desktop. I don't think you can bypass it.

Read message 4

I would never sit still for what your used too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well if you thought post #4 was bad, then the worst news is that there is actually a re-program option that is very techie and has many more steps than what was mention in post #4. It involves going into the 'RUN' program window and gives you the option to boot directly to desktop, bypassing all 'nature scenes'. It's not recommended to do because it puts your computer at risk for someone else to go into your private accounts directly. I think it would be too much for most to perform. But I feel your pain with the windows updates. @SharkE

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just wish when they do their updates they would leave my **** pc the way they found it, the way I want it to be , not the way they want it to be.

I paid for it, I pay the ISP bill each month, so, keep your updates to just what is necessary and don't bother another persons 'kit'. LOL

I switched to Apple for the desktop and keep 2 Windows laptops for convenience sake. Apple doesn't have all that goop coming in on a Wed every month. What gets me it's late at night you go to turn off Windows and it says "do you wish to update and restart" or do you wish to update and turn off. Maybe I just want to turn U off and update at a time that is convenient for me not you. sheesh.  Your 'shut down' option isn't available

so you have to go ahead and stay up and let it go thru all that jazz before you can turn the **** thing off and go to bed.

Honored Contributor

Follow up

If you don't want to have to sign in, or sit thru mountain scenes at start up or app pages before the pc will take U to your desktop page you can customize Windows 10 by following these easy peasy directions.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-remove-windows-10-background-picture-sign-screen

Honored Contributor

@SharkE,

That still doesn't take away having to sign in.