Trusted Contributor

Windows 10 and microsoft edge

Anyone else having trouble with microsoft edge freezing up on them?   I can't switch from page to page without it freezing.   I have read lots of info and it seems I'm not the only one but there doesn't seem to be an answer.   Help!

Honored Contributor

Re: Windows 10 and microsoft edge

I was having that problem too, especially in the last 1 - 2 months.  I use a PC and upgraded to Windows 10 last July.  Since then, I've used mainly the Chrome browser.  Then it started locking-up a lot.  I tried using Firefox, same problem.  Oftentimes the only way to clear the lock was to reboot the computer. I ran virus scan after virus scan and Malwarebytes, to no avail. 

Finally I used Edge, which I suspect is what Microsoft wanted all along.  However, it was locking-up too.  Edge is a real memory hog, as you may have noticed, which might account for some of this.  Then Verizon FIOs upgraded my internet speed from 25/25 to 50/50.  Just like that, 99% of the locking-up episodes went away.    It may have been a coincidence.  I was beginning to think I'd need to buy a new computer.

Respected Contributor

I use chrome, firefox or torch browser. Hate microsoft edge.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of my computers came with windows 10 no problem. My older computer did not it came with 8.1 no problems with Microsoft edge. Not so far. I had fire fox [on both] and hated it. This is a improvement over that search engine.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Thanks to all of you for your help.    I downloaded Google Chrome so will see how that works out for me.   So far so good....yay!!