Respected Contributor

Why Does Malwarebytes Tell Me Every Site I Go To is Malicious?

I don't know what is going on. This just started yesterday. Every time I go to a new site, Malwarebytes tell me it is malicious. Nothing comes up from Norton Security. Actually, it tells me that the malicious website is blocked, but it doesn't actually block the website. Has Malwarebytes gone berserk?

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Re: Why Does Malwarebytes Tell Me Every Site I Go To is Malicious?

@Brinklii wrote:

I don't know what is going on. This just started yesterday. Every time I go to a new site, Malwarebytes tell me it is malicious. Nothing comes up from Norton Security. Actually, it tells me that the malicious website is blocked, but it doesn't actually block the website. Has Malwarebytes gone berserk?

@Yardlie

I noticed this also, but thought it was because I have Malwarebytes on my system.  Yesterday I put it through a full scan and the results were "no malware."  I have no idea what's going on either.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Yardlie& @LilacTree

Strongly suggest you both post in the Malwarebytes forums.  Search out your problem.  If not listed, then post it like you did here.  The developers are pretty good at answering.

Also, you can contact them through their

Home Product Support website.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

DH is having this happen on his computer.

Internet here is running extremely slowwwww

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

i recently got free internet security do i need to get malwarebytes too???

Occasional Contributor

IF you are  running Windows 10, most likely this is due to the many updates that happen daily to our PCs now, causing viruses and even crashes to happen. My advice is to clean out your history and cashe daily, delete cookies and clean you C drive each day and finally run your security scan before closing your PC for the day. It is no longer like the good ole days of the WIndows XP which I miss so badly. Best of luck and stay save on the web! Let me know if you need any help doing these functions...will be  happy to show anyone how to clean their PC's.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

You should not need malwarebites if you have a good security program as that may work against your virus protection. What you have should be enough and adding more will only slow down your computer. Being safe is the best way to stop problems. Never ever click on links, do not be tempted to read ads, and always clean out your PC daily when finished playing online. Seems WIndows 10 is having many problems due to all the updates and we, as consumers, are having to take the care to stop invasions. If you have a paid anti virus program, you are good.

Occasional Contributor

If by free, you are talking about DEFENDER by WINDOWS, beware. I tried that one also, not so great. Get the free Mcafee instead to start and see if you like that. It works good on mine for now. The Defender is only really a firewall and not a virus protector no matter what the Microsoft folks tell you. IT will not do real scannning on your PC. Hope this helps.

Occasional Contributor

Please read my reply on other post, I put  it on the incorrect place, Opps, kinda new here! Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

See if he has cleaned out the old and temp files collecting up on his PC and if not, that can slow down a computer. TO clean up space, first go to Internet Options from the control panel. There you will see a section to clean out history and files, that box will come up, check all but the last box and DELETE. Do this several times and you will see aboe the box deleting files scrolling. May take several minutes. Then, from Internet options again, find Disk Cleanup. You will then clean up Drive C and delete bad and old, temp files from that. This will also contain recicle bin files taking up space. Click on all those wasting space files and delete. IF you have not done a Defragmention of your files, this is the time to do one. Again, you may find this under Internet options. Defragmention can take all night. The best defencse from problems is a good offence to keep bad stuf away. Get a good anti-virus program, even a free one is good and never be tempted to clink on anything you think is strange. Stay safe, so many bad people online now from even 3 yrs ago. I know, got badly hacked and leaned a lot.

PS: Have MS, so please excuse typos, have to type as a lefty now, and find that really hard. So do the best I can on long paragraphs...