Honored Contributor

Of a say a moto cell phone say from from consumer cellular, tracfone,  same model and type,and any other network provider?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

There are approx 40 cell phone companies operating in the US. The difference between them is choice of phone brand and choice of plans. 

Choosing which one is right for you basically depends on how much data you need and where you will be using your phone (coverage).

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest 

Different companies may have better coverage in your area, depending on the number of towers, and their locations.  Some companies share towers so the coverage is the same.  

My area is not so populated, and it does make a difference in which company we choose.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Of a say a moto cell phone say from from consumer cellular, tracfone,  same model and type,and any other network provider?

There can be small differences in the amount of RAM and storage, but by and large the phones are nearly identical. The Moto G7 Optimo Maxx is the same as the Moto G7 Power. They both come in a version with 3gb of RAM and a 32gb harddrive. The G7 Power is also sold in a 4gb and 64 gb harddrive version but at least so far, the Optimo Maxx isn't available in that configuration. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest 

I found a website where they compare cell phone carriers and the phones themselves. This site gives a lot of info by state, too, so you can look at just what is offered in your area. 

whistleout dot com

ETA Imo, any which way you look at it (cell phones), it's all complicated...lol!

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest

I found a review for Consumer Cellular "7 things to know before you buy". 

You may want to buy an unlocked Moto G power phone from Best Buy or Motorola.com. An unlocked GSM CDMA phone such works on all networks with a Sim card. You maybe able to buy a Sim card at Target.