Esteemed Contributor

Very, very weird Facebook problem. Need help, please.

Commencing around January 23rd, one week ago, every time I start typing on Facebook, the following occurs:

I type a letter or number.

The cursor advances to the next space.

The cursor immediately backspaces to the letter just typed.

The cursor then returns to the next space.

Needless to say, inputting anything into FB has become an extremely long and tedious task.

Can anyone place any light on what the problem is?  I've queried a few tech-savvy people in my circle and they're all stumped.  If you know what's going on and have a solution, I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you on this thread.

Thanks so very much in advance.

Honored Contributor

Re: Very, very weird Facebook problem. Need help, please.

I had a similar issue a few month ago.  I just deleted the app and then reinstalled.

Sometimes weird issues can be solved just by restarting your device.

Respected Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

Commencing around January 23rd, one week ago, every time I start typing on Facebook, the following occurs:

Needless to say, inputting anything into FB has become an extremely long and tedious task.

Can anyone place any light on what the problem is?  I've queried a few tech-savvy people in my circle and they're all stumped.  If you know what's going on and have a solution, I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you on this thread.

That has happened if I am using a phone vs laptop.  I switch to the non-desktop view setting and it fixes the problem.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Frequent Contributor

Hit refresh.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I had a similar issue a few month ago.  I just deleted the app and then reinstalled.

Sometimes weird issues can be solved just by restarting your device.

@ALRATIBA

I'm not working with an app.  Working on my laptop, so am accessing through Google.

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@sfnative wrote:

That has happened if I am using a phone vs laptop.  I switch to the non-desktop view setting and it fixes the problem.

@mom2four0418

Sorry I wasn't clear.  I'm not accessing on a cell phone, am access FB on my laptop.

Esteemed Contributor

@vacationday wrote:

Hit refresh.  

@vacationday

Thanks for this.

Tried looking for a refresh on FB, but could not locate one.  However, am not at all familiar with the layers and layers in FB and am not predisposed to fiddling with something of which I am not familiar.  Will perform a routine refresh.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@sfnative wrote:

@mom2four0418

Sorry I wasn't clear.  I'm not accessing on a cell phone, am access FB on my laptop.

I wish I had an answer for you!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@sfnative....funny you post this, sometimes when typing (not on facebook) my keyboard (MacBook Air) does a very similar thing....then it stops and will start up again on another day.  Drives me crazy and I cannot seem to figure out why.

Esteemed Contributor

Facebook did an update recently and maybe that's the problem....

I had issues with Microsoft Edge after Wndows did an update....

I just run CC Cleaner and delete cookies...and then restart my computer..

Seems to fix it...

Good luck