Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I still think it's a browser issue. A couple of things you can do is: 1) clear your history (cache)  and  2) update the browser. Access those from the menu found in the 3 dash lines at the far-upper-right corner of your screen.

Clear the cache
  1. Click the menu button. and select Options. ...
  2. Select the Privacy & Security panel.
  3. In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data….
  4. Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data. ...
  5. With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button.
  6. Close the preferences page.

Update Firefox
  1. Click the menu button , click. Help and select About Firefox. On the menu bar click the Firefox menu and select About Firefox.
  2. The About Mozilla Firefox Firefox window opens. Firefox will check for updates and download them automatically.
  3. When the download is complete, click Restart to update Firefox.

As a last resort you can download another browser, for example Chrome, and use that one instead.

@jellyBEAN 

First, thank you for your response.  Second, forgive my ignorance when it comes to stuff like this.  I can understand things if someone is here to show me but when it comes to figuring out stuff I'm not familiar with, I just get baffled.

OK, I had to keep toggling back n forth to follow the instructions.  Seemed like when I did the steps to clear the cookies n site data it didn't do anything, but perhaps this is something that is just done and you don't have to wait for it.  Anyway, I did all this and restarted Firefox and will see what happens.  I am logged out of utube now and did sign back into everything else so hopefully they'll be improvement.  Will post an update later today.  Thanks for your suggestions.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMeeNo, this didn't work.  Still get the static off n on while watching utube.

Is MS Edge a browser?  My laptop has an icon for that.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN 

Yes, MS Edge is a browser.