Trusted Contributor

Transferring Tracfone phone numbers?

Has anyone ever transferred their phone number from one active Tracfone to another active Tracfone?  I was wondering how easy this process is.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: Transferring Tracfone phone numbers?

Very easy.  The online or phone registration will ask if you want to keep the number, then continue on.  Be sure to charge your phone before calling. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  I meant both phones are in use and I want Phone A's number to be transferred to Phone B and have Phone B's number overwritten essenitally.

Valued Contributor

If I'm understanding correctly, what you would need to do is inactivate B and then reactivate it by transferring A to it.  This is assuming you have no time/minutes on B because there isn't a way to combine them.

Trusted Contributor

@In-x-s Thanks.  I was hoping to bring the old minutes (and number) from Phone A and add it to the minutes of Phone B, while overwriting Phone B's number.  I guess I'll let Phone B go inactive and then port Phone A's number over with Tracfone's customer service. 

Esteemed Contributor

I may not be understanding the question but I do know that if you've already been using the phone, and now want to give it a different phone number, they will have to send you a new SIM card.