Regular Contributor

@blankette wrote:

Well we have a new phone here that will not cooperate and activate it has been 4 days now. I have messaged them and they seem to be greatly challenged as I have read here before and it is certainly true. They barely read or comprhend the issue and then can not resolve it and ask you to repeat the information. Good grief, do you have a dedicated number for us QVC????

AMEN sister. I wrote to QVC adminstration telling exactly that. QVC needs a dedicated customer service number for Tracfone. Those people overseas have NO IDEA about the 30 day return policy for defective Tracfones.  (OR they are playing dumb) My husband's TSV LG Premier would not activate either and we returned it and told them we wanted to keep his active 3G phone.  BUT NO!  They said he needed a new sim card to keep it active since they tried to activate the new one.  Then they said OK we'll give him back his old phone number and minutes but he has to buy another service card. WHY? we asked.  Because his service date expired on the day we tried to transfer the number.  YES, said the supervisor prior to trying to activate the new phone with his number his service expiration date was July 2017 but he can't have it since WE tried to activate the phone you returned.

QVC get off the dime and set this company straight or get rid of them.   They confiscated his minutes and his service date and did not reactive his 3G phone.  THIS IS QUALITY, VALUE, AND "C"   QVC?  YOU'RE losing your integrity QVC, you're losing your reputation with this company alone.

Regular Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

I don't understand why you are waiting 4 days for activation...it's as little as 5 minutes.  Did you set up an account online?  Calling Tracfone is easy and there's little to no problems with them.

If you are still having issues, send the phone back to the Q and I'm sure they'll have it replaced.

Good Luck.

I got a new tracfone at Christmas time and the activation took 22 hours so they don't all go in 5 min. DH got one in the spring and I got it set up in 5 min.

Some won't activage THUS the return policy is used for QVC. BUT Tracfone really won't honor that return policy if they have tried to activate using your older tracfone number.  They confiscated my husband's service expiration date and his remaining minutes on his 3G phone when the LG Premier would not activate and we returned it. Tracfone is not easy as pie all the time and their customer service people are poorly equipped to help or they just don't care that they, in fact, actually steal you money.