Honored Contributor

A few days ago ,i forgot  i had my phone with me outside, it rained, not charging, put in bag of rice, then finally figured how to take apart back,    guess i will go get a new battery and see if it will work after that.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I had my phone in my pocket once and my nephew pulled me into the pool. Ruined! Tried everything but it was a goner. Had to buy a new one. Good news is - everything is out on the cloud so as soon as you put your g mail address in it finds all your info and installs it on the new phone. $100 lesson about staying away from pools with a phone.

Respected Contributor

Try hair dryer, let phone opened sit in sun. Good luck.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I had my phone in my pocket once and my nephew pulled me into the pool. Ruined! Tried everything but it was a goner. Had to buy a new one. Good news is - everything is out on the cloud so as soon as you put your g mail address in it finds all your info and installs it on the new phone. $100 lesson about staying away from pools with a phone.

Everything is only out in the cloud if you have your phone set up that way. I'm glad yours was set top do that, but it's not a good idea for anyone to assume everything is in the cloud. That has to be manually set up and activated and the backup data selected. It's possible to have the cloud save set up and NOT have the backup turned on, meaning nothing is getting sent to the cloud.

This is a good reminder for everyone to check and make sure they have their settings turned on the way they intend and are backing up somewhere, whether it's the cloud or your own computer.

Honored Contributor

No idea what cloud is for a tracfone, went to WM,they sell tracfones,but no batteries! Went to battery store $44.00 for a battery!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I had my phone on the kitchen counter and knocked it into the dogs' water bucket, a 3 gal bucket.  I was standing next to it and instantly snatched it out.  I left it out overnight and next morning it was fine.  Whew.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My fell into the you-know-what. Luckily,  only for a second. It still works. lol