Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone Website and Service is Useless

@ladyfox412 

You're welcome and I wish I was more helpful. The only thing I really have experience with is activating the new phones I buy and adding service to them via the website. 

Since your mobile data isn't working I'm glad you aren't that upset by it but I'm a little upset on your behalf, lol. When you pay for something in good faith it's really disappointing when it doesn't work the way it should.

If it's really not important to you then waiting until you purchase a new phone might be the easiest route. As long as your account stays active those minutes will always be there. I do think the reactivation would work as well so it's all up to what you feel more comfortable doing. 

It's funny because I'm a total advocate for Tracfone yet, even so, every time I have to transfer from an old pone to a new one I get that little flutter in my stomach until the first time I make a call on the new phone and see that my transfer was successful. I can see why some people prefer using a company that has a storefront and employees to assist but all that comes for a price. And for the price you can't beat Tracfone. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ladyfox412 - I believe you can transfer your minutes, etc. back to a different phone (in other words over to a different phone), but like others, I've never done that, so I'm not certain.

However, if you purchased the phone from HSN and it's defective, I'd suggest contacting the company about it, regardless of how long you've had it.  Many items have a warranty and, also, many states have implied warranty laws that cover situations like this.  (Your State Attorney General's Office would know.)

You shouldn't lose out on the data which was included with your phone (and any you transferred) and that you paid for.  You've also paid for the new phone - it should work properly.

Email them or write to Corporate and explain the situation, to see if they can help.

Honored Contributor

@ladyfox412 wrote:

I've used Tracfone for a few years with no problems until now.  My newest phone is a Samsung Galaxy A02s purchased from HSN.  For some reason I cannot use my Mobil Data.  I've read others have the same problem.  I've watched videos and did as instructed to no avail.

There are a lot of potential causes and also potential solutions to that issue. Rebooting and reinserting the SIM card often works. Checking to be sure your network settings are correct can also help solve the issue. A new SIM card may solve the problem for you also. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman 

Thank you for taking the time to suggest a few ideas regarding the issue of data utilization. I hope you didn't feel I put you on the spot but I know you're always willing to help with these technical-type problems.

I was hoping you might know something about reactivating a previous phone and whether or not it's possible to transfer from a new phone back to the old one. I've done a little research and I do think it's possible. Maybe you're like me and haven't had to do that which makes it hard to comment on. Again, thanks for responding and also to @Venezia for replying as well. I love how people here are so willing to help other posters. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Thank you @SusieQ_2  @Venezia  @gardenman 

I think it's a lost cause.

It appears the Samsung Galaxy A03 is stacking up negative reviews too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ladyfox412 - Well, if nothing else, usually the price we pay for Tracfones on the shopping channels is essentially giving us the phone for free.

So you might do better to just give up and either try to transfer back to your previous phone or buy a new one and transfer everything to that.

I can highly recommend the Moto Stylus G, if you don't mind a larger phone.  I got it on sale from QVC for $129 (HSN had it shortly after for $99, but I prefer dealing with QVC).  I've just seen the phone on its own - no service, nothing, on "sale" with another retailer for $225.

(My sister-in-law had nothing but trouble with her Samsung phone and finally packed it in for an iPhone.  I don't know what's happened to their stellar reputation.)

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@gardenman 

Thank you for taking the time to suggest a few ideas regarding the issue of data utilization. I hope you didn't feel I put you on the spot but I know you're always willing to help with these technical-type problems.

I was hoping you might know something about reactivating a previous phone and whether or not it's possible to transfer from a new phone back to the old one. I've done a little research and I do think it's possible. Maybe you're like me and haven't had to do that which makes it hard to comment on. Again, thanks for responding and also to @Venezia for replying as well. I love how people here are so willing to help other posters. Smiley Happy

I believe you can reactivate an old phone and transfer your minutes back to the old phone pretty easily as long as you have the IMEI number that can typically be found under "Settings."

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I must defend Tracfone and customer service. Several years ago my first experience was horrible but several factors to consider. I had purchased the wrong phone for me. Whenever, I need a new phone- I purchase a note book to write everything down. Details about the phone that is needed when contacting CS. Details on how I registered or set everything up. All updates or other changes. Notes on contacts with CS  using the website, on line chat or telephone call.Then the note book and all the paperwork for the phone is put in a big folder . Trust me: this really helps. Then decided to try smartphones and Tracfone again. The best smartphone ever for me was the LG. That was the really easy and fast simple help with CS. Then purchased Samsung A10 E. I had trouble trying to activate and set everything up. Contact with CS was longer and issue not resolved. I decided to end the phone call and call again the next day. We are human and stuff happens. Yes- your cs representative for any contact can have issues like not the best communication skills, not really trained or what ever.

So the next problem was with my Tracfone app. I am very slow because of several reasons but yesterday decided to try the online chat. The cs guy was the best ever . As you can tell by this post- I can have trouble trying to express myself. He quickly understood me and and very familiar with the app problem. The contact was fast and issue resolved.

Recently DH insisted that he was unhappy with his flip phone and wanted a smartphone so he could text his sister instead of so many phone calls. Put me in panic attack . Y'all think that I have tech issues. DH much more complicated and factor in memory issues.DH watched QVC one day and wanted the Samsung A12. I called my doctor for nerve pills because I needed them. DH was determined but he needed me to make the purchase etc and then show him how to do everything.

So yesterday after my contact with cs remembered  issue with DH phone. Tried the on line chat. The lady was great but said she had tried everything and stated that I needed to make a call to customer service. This call took over 30 minutes. The lady was very friendly and understanding. She tried several different things to solve the problem. Stated she would give me a ticket number to call back in 42 hours if problem still exists. She stated that they would be working on the problem. Not fun and frustrating but things happen. Not mad and not ready to give up on Tracfone. Tracfone still the best price .Just sharing my thoughts about smartphone and Tracfone. Need to edit and add: Also love the Electronics forum and the very kind and helpful people. Thanks everyone. ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Respected Contributor

I've been a Tracfone customer since 2017 and haven't had any issues. I upgraded last year and bought a unlocked phone from Best Buy. 
Called Tracfone and the switch to my new phone was easy. Their cs was very helpful.  

Valued Contributor

I have a tracfone bought off HSN, It works fine, for phone calls. I got a year package after the initial year ended. Unlimited calling and 12gig. But after a few months, the thing would not connect to the Internet unless I was at home (using my WiFI maybe?) So after that year, I still had 10gig left. It finally expired. What a waste. This time I renewed for 3 months, limited calls and 2gig. My Verizon is going up in price, and my phone is being outdated as obsolete. I need to drop it. So if you need the Net, maybe Tracfone is not the best.