Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone Website and Service is Useless

@Venezia , I agree with you about the ease of using the Tracfone website for both activation and adding on services.

I'm sorry the new poster @Junky isn't happy with the service but there's a lot of misinformation in his original post. 

The add-on services are always available on the website. The poster @Ainhisg gave excellent directions as to how to find them in another thread. I have never felt forced into buying a monthly plan--don't really look at them as the add-ons are always available and I'm usually just looking to add more texts. 

Speaking of the add-ons, once the company did away with the 3x offer on QVC phones, the prices of add-ons were lowered to the point that it's no more expensive now than when the 3x cards were the norm. Five dollars for 1000 texts is a great price especially considering you can buy a Tracfone smartphone with an entire year's service and 1500 minutes of text, talk and data for under $100. If anyone knows of a better deal I'd be interested in hearing about it.

I recently (April 22nd) bought a beautiful new phone from HSN and activation took less than 5 minutes. It took me longer to add some of my apps than it did getting the phone up and running. Signing into my Google account made the transfer a breeze.

My main reason for posting is to let people know that I've been using Tracfone for many, many years and couldn't be happier. My phone is amazing, I have no trouble adding texts, which I generally do every month or so, and the price can't be beat. I would highly recommend Tracfone to anyone who wants a reliable smartphome that can do the same things the high priced phones do at a fraction of the cost. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 -  We got the Moto Stylus G from QVC and it's probably the best phone we've ever had.  The phone alone sells for a lot more elsewhere with no extras and no service.

I gave instructions to a couple of posters on other threads how to add texts or extra minutes and they were able to do that.

It's not that difficult, if you just follow the drop-down menus.  I'm glad you refuted some of the OP's other claims.  Tracfone remains a great deal, IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia 

I have the same phone and I love it. In fact, I love it so much I bought two! I had one for a few months that I believe was around $179 and was so happy with it that when I saw the thread about it being on sale for $99 I couldn't resist (and I had a coupon). Unlike posters who say they're not attached to their phone, I admit I'm attached to two at all times, lol. 

I only activate one for talk and text and the other one is used for everything else. I download audiobooks and when I'm home to use wi-fi it's the one I use for streaming Youtube, cable, Netflix. etc. Doing it that way reserves battery power for both.

Previously I had a Moto Optima (Optimo?) Maxx which I also loved but 32 GB of storage just isn't enough for my use. I saw my percentage creeping up to 90% and above and that made me nervous. The Stylus is the first phone I've had with 128 GB storage and it's so much better for my use. I will say the battery on my old Moto was 5000 mAh compared to 4000 on the Stylus. It does make a difference but not enough to bother me. I do wish we could get 128 GB of storage AND a 5000 mAh battery but that's just me wanting it all, lol. 

One thing I don't want to do is to disregard legitimate concerns of people who have issues, especially those who use their phones to buy minutes, texts, etc. I never do that so I have no personal experience to compare to theirs. I also don't have a need to talk to CS although I did a few years ago. I remember having to call more than once but it turned out to be an issue with a defective phone. Once I returned that phone for another one the problem was solved. My experience is with activation and adding on through the website which has always worked for me.

I'm a little hesitant to mention this but looking at the op's posts there seems to be a connection to the old 3x cards that are now unavailable and what he wanted to add to his phone. Between the two threads he started he mentions the 3x phones twice and then goes on to say he added 3 $10/500 minute cards to his phone. I kind of suspect he is a little disgruntled that he couldn't get the 3 cards for the price of one. With three posts to his name, two threads trashing TF and the screen name "junky" it doesn't take MacGyver to come to that conclusion. As a bargain hunter myself I understand his frustration but those days are over and it's not a reason to trash a good company. From my experience TF is still the best bargain around (that I know of) and I hope it continues as it has for years even under new management.

Sorry for making this such a long post. See what happens when you tell me we have the same phone? Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Their website is down a lot and it made me do "you are not a robot" thing over and over and I couldn't get in.   Apparently, I'm a robot.

I had to keep trying and trying to finally get in to check my balance of data and order a 90 day card as my year had gone up and I don't want a new phone right now as most reviews are awful unless you want to pay over $200.

Just like EVERYTHING in the world now, nothing is like it used to be.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's Interesting @Black Cat Back . When I saw your post I checked the website and it's working fine. I didn't actually need to make a purchase today but added the $10 data card and went as far as checkout just to see how long the transaction would be. It was less than a minute.

I don't know why you're having a problem with the website. All I can tell you is that it's working fine for me. Good luck to you. 

eta ~ There's about 4 and 1/2 hours difference in the time of our posts. Maybe the site was down earlier when you posted. The good news is it's up and working perfectly now. 

Regular Contributor

I've used Tracfone for a few years with no problems until now.  My newest phone is a Samsung Galaxy A02s purchased from HSN.  For some reason I cannot use my Mobil Data.  I've read others have the same problem.  I've watched videos and did as instructed to no avail.

Esteemed Contributor

@ladyfox412 

I mentioned earlier I once had a problem activating a phone (Samsung) and it turned out the phone was defective. If your Tracfone account  is showing you have data available but it can't be utilized it sounds like your phone may have a glitch. Personally, I'd return it as defective and get another phone. 

Not trying to tell you how to solve your problem, just telling you how I solved mine. Good luck to you.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SusieQ_2 

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately I purchased it in Februay so it's too late to return it.

Is it possible to transfer minutes back to my old MOTO phone?

Esteemed Contributor

@ladyfox412 wrote:

@Venezia 

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately I purchased it in Februay so it's too late to return it.

Is it possible to transfer minutes back to my old MOTO phone?

@ladyfox412 

Not @Venezia  here but I think you may have been posting that question to me. Ugh, I hate that it's too late for you to return! I'll answer as to what I know which, unfortunately, may not be super helpful. Also, if Venezia sees this I hope she will chime in as well as she is very helpful on these threads. 

I'm hesitant to say the answer is yes, that you can transfer back to your old number, only because I've never done it myself and I don't like to rely on hearsay. However, I do recall that years ago people said it wasn't possible to buy a new phone for the plan (a year's service, talk, text &data) and add it to your old phone. However, I think that was changed a few years ago and now you can reactivate an older phone and transfer from your current phone to the old one. 

My suggestion, since you're talking to me--a self-admitted technoweenie--is  that we put out a notification to @gardenman for assistance. I know there are others here who are very knowledgeable as well but I'm most familiar with gardenman.

I don't know Gardenman's schedule for posting but I know he's here regularly and is always willing to lend a helping hand when he can. Maybe others will have some suggestions as well. 

Regular Contributor

@SusieQ_2 

Yes, I should have called on you!  Thank you for your prompt response.  It really isn't that big of a deal that I can't use my mobile data.  I'm thinking maybe I'll just wait for a new deal and purchase a new phone.  I will steer clear of Samsung as I'm reading a lot of negative responses.  I did well with my old MOTO so I'll look for another.