Super Contributor

Re: Tracfone Ultimate 2 Start up Question

@x Hedge wrote:
I agree with @Venezia, what you've described is the normal sequence after powering on/ rebooting the phone.

I haven't enabled, and don't use the security/pin feature of the lock screen. I simply swipe left to right across my lock screen and it disappears, revealing my home screen.

Perhaps you are unaware @WildDunes, that if you press & release the right button quickly, the screen goes dark, the phone goes on standby mode, but is still connected to the TracFone system. You can "wake up" your phone with one quick push of the home button (or right button).

Mine is set to "go to sleep" all by itself after two minutes of inactivity, unless I quickly push the right button to make it go to sleep before that.
This is normally done to reduce drain on the battery when one is not using the phone.

However, if you press and hold that same right button for a couple of seconds before you release it, you 'power off', shutting it down completely, and disconnecting the phone from the TracFone system. Starting up again from this point, or "rebooting" requires that you press and hold that button for another two seconds or so before you release, then the phone goes through the sequence that you described.

This takes me back to my original post and my original question of why you are powering off/rebooting all the time since its not necessary. Simply let your phone 'sleep' on standby between uses.

Or, as asked above, are you somehow stuck on the lock screen, and unable to get to your home screen?

I'm aware of all of what you are saying. I know about the right button, the swiping, etc. My point is, as I just replied to Venezia, is that it won't boot - it stalls on the LG screen.

Honored Contributor

Very strange.  I really don't know what to suggest.  I assume you've checked the battery (in settings) when you've managed to get it to boot up, just to make sure it's at full power.

If you find a solution, I'm sure we'd all be interested to know.

Esteemed Contributor

The fact that it's sometimes reboots and sometimes gets stuck is a puzzler and the only thing I can suggest is that you're in an area where the cells tower signal is inconsistant in its ability to push all the way through the rebooting sequence.

Just a thought, do you know whether your phone is using GSM technology or CDMA technology?
TracFone users using GSM technology have complained that sometimes, when towers are experiencing high use, AT&T will drop their calls, lose or delay their texts, and otherwise limit the TracFone use of their towers in favor of their AT&T customers.
Super Contributor

I'm CDMA. That's what's best for my area and works well for many friends. I have checked the strength and it's ok. 

Thank you Venezia and Hedge for your help and suggestions. I will post back when I get it figured out.